1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How does one evangelise without preaching??

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by ThePrayerWarrior, May 4, 2003.

1. Here is a question I am asking all to answer:

How does one evangelise without preaching? I mean, when do we go "too far" ???

2. ChurchBoy

ChurchBoy New Member

I'll give an example from my life. At my last job I had a really good friend. She was hired about a month after I was. We ended up sitting next to each other. When I met her I had just given my life to Christ. As me and her became friends I realized that she did not like to talk about "religion". It made her feel uncomfortable. I prayed that God would open doors for me to share my faith in Christ. I just had sense God guiding me not to to preach to her but just be her friend. She became one of my closest friends. From time to time I would share my faith when she would ask me. I gave even her a Bible a few years ago and she took it! About nine months ago her husband decided to divorce her. She was devastated amd God opened a door for me to really share for her. God gave me the boldness to tell her that Jesus loves her and wherever she goes in Life, God will be there waiting for her with His hand extended out to her. All she has to do is take His hand. I could see that she had appreciated these words I gave her.

A few months ago I was laid off from my job. When she found out she came to my cube and just completely broke down. She was crying in my cube and then I started crying, too. [​IMG] I was so moved and touched by her emotion. It was so unexpected because she has such a strong personality. She likes to act as if nothing bothers her. Most people think she has a "tough chick" personality.

I realized that through me God has revealed His love for her. Is she save yet? No, she is not but I pray that one day she will let go of her pride and unbelief and accept Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior. In the time that I have known her, I never preached to her. But we became such good friends because I was there for her when she needed me. She also noticed that I didn't just "talk Christian" but I lived it also. I miss her now. I hard get to see her or talk to her anymore because of our busy lives. But it maybe that I move away and she gives her life to Christ in God's time, not ours.

So my point is that one can be more effective by just being a friend to a non-believer by loving them with the "agape" love that Jesus modeled for us.

I hope this help. [​IMG]

God Bless