1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How far will you go

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Servent, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Servent

Servent Member

Mat 16:23 But He turned and said to Peter, Go, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you do not savor the things that are of God, but those that are of men.
    Mat 16:24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me.
    Mat 16:25 For whoever desires to save his life shall lose it, and whoever desires to lose his life for My sake shall find it.

Our S.S. lesson this week is in Matt. these verses hit me hard this morning,I find myself picking up my cross and following Christ. then for whatever reason I set it aside and start doing my own thing, other things seem to be more important or I find myself trying to do it my way. I do have a family to support a home to take care of, but when it's all over the only thing that matters is how far I was willing to go to follow Christ. Sometimes I feel that I'm falling short, at one time I served on a street ministry as Sunday school teacher and in awanas. anyway how about you.

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Many if not most on this board do not focus too hard on MA 16:24. The prevailing wisdom is that following Jesus constitutes a work and somehow diminuishes the sovereignty of God. This verse also comes perilously close to Lordship salvation which many deem a heresy. I strongly disagree with both of these beliefs myself and believe that the best source of knowledge about salvation and how to live a Christian life comes from the words of Jesus.