1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How far would you go to witness to a Satanist?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't see how anybody can read the bible and not see that Christ died for the world, that whosoever will may come, and that Christ is the propitiation not for our sins only, but for the sins of the whole world.

I don't see how anyone can read the bible and not realize that God offers salvation to all, not only the elect.

I also don't understand how people can believe in a irresistible call from the Spirit, when he is resisted plenty of times in the bible.

Don't get me started on this again.

2. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol!
    I used to watch Bible Man growing up

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't think she was a satanist but I knew a girl online who was an all-out pagan. I know she was involved in drum circles and lots of pagan rituals but there was something about her that stood out to me. I prayed for her, for God to reach into her life somehow.

Years went by as our kids were growing and she contacted me and said "Have you been praying for me?" I told her I was and she said she thought so. Her husband had been an alcoholic and ended up in AA. His sponsor was a believer who led him (also a staunch pagan) to the Lord and he in turn, over time, led his wife to the Lord. She realized when she was saved that someone had been praying for her and she though it was me - and it was. :) She has completely turned from that life (although she still stuck with her vegetarianism, partly due to health and partly due to the social issues of the way animals are treated) to be a strong follower of Christ.

So how would I witness to a Satanist? Pray. Pray and pray. Then pray a bit more and speak when God leads you. The results are in His hands.

4. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have personally known several people who were in other religions, from pagan to Satanism. I treat and witness to them like I would anyone else.

Basically what several others here have already said.

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well Wade, HAMel has a point. There are some people that are too far gone to bother with.

Take you, for example? You are never going to be a friend to those on the board you hate, including me; so why should any of us even try to make things better? You are a card carrying hater, and not just toward me, but others on this board.

To begin with, on 10/21/14 in a thread titled: "We are Commanded to Love Others. But do I have to LIKE you?" on post #2 - "Answer: Nope...there are definitely some people on here that I don't like. Right or wrong, that's how it is."

In another thread you stated - "If you are looking only for constructive feedback and not debate and/or argument, then you should post in the Fellowship forums, specifically "Missions / Witnessing / eVangelism."

"Some members on this board hide behind private messages and attack others. They are shamed by their attacks, so must do it in darkness. Are attacks like the following acceptable in private messages? [quickest way to get kicked off? post private messages in public.]"

However, you have painstakingly saved comments between you and me on PMs .... and when the time seems right for you, snip, snip, paste, paste .... and there it is. Another clipping from an old conversation, PRIVATE ay I add that you posted to mock me, make a point, or simply to embarrass me! Yeah, I guess you are right .... there are certain people you dislike.

More Anti-social comments underscored with hostility: "Hey Dude...you talk the talk that you are an expert on parenting and raising children. You continually remind all of us of your vast experience in the field. What you fail to mention along with all this is that you failed as a parent. You daughter is a sexual deviant. Lots of good your time outs and stern talks did."

"Ignore lists are for sissys!" :laugh:

"If my post mentioned anything about elephants or underwear you might have made a point. All you've really done is continue your normal game of acting like a fool."

"Grabbing the popcorn and getting ready for the dog and pony show. Will he bring out the "bully" accusations? Will he talk about the secret group of liberals that band together to attack conservatives on this board? Will he actually provide proof? This will be interesting."

"Curiosity killed the cat and it might kill The Dude too (is this some kind of a physical threat? It could be construed as one). You know, that's not how ignore is supposed to work! You are supposed to ignore me. Your ramblings show your anger...you have trouble putting together intelligible thoughts when you aren't flustered, but when that anger kicks in your rambling starts to make no sense.
    Why don't you go and right another vanity published book? Or pay to have your name in another Who's Who?"

"This makes me love still being on ignore. It means that The Dude can't be as "curt and pithy" as I can!"

"These posts just become more stupid as The Dude continues to work himself up."

"The Dude needs to take a break from writing vanity titles and do a little reading/research."

Written to another, but referring to me? "Why do you bother posting in the debate forums if you are unwilling to debate. They should make a forum for you and The Dude where you can post topics and people are only allowed to agree with you. Both of your egos need it."

And here is more of your "In your face" provocations! - "Self-publishing is just a nice way of saying vanity press. With a true vanity press, you pay them to publish the book and they'll do formatting etc for you. With self publishing, you pay someone else to do the formatting etc for you and then (in today's digital world) they print on demand for you and take a cut of each book sold.

As for Who's Who lists...I will issue you a challenge. I will get myself listed in a Marquis Who's Who list (this is one of the Who's Who you tout being in). If I am able to get myself listed, will you admit they are a sham?"

"You seem to get a lot of disrespect on this board. Maybe you should take a day off?"

"Once again the vanity book writer needs to concentrate on his reading comprehension. My statement was in response to Hamel saying:

"I 'spoze dat' be 'cuz I'sa jus' ain't ah-smart as uze."

I actually complemented him by saying he wasn't as stupid as he thought he was."
    Now that is durn nice coming from you. Must have been one of you nicer moods?

"You, old goat!" A recent referral to me. And not the first time you attacked me for being a senior citizen!

"I was attempting a joke...you alluded that if someone disagrees with The Dude that they get on his bad side. I further alluded that simply conversing with him could make him play the victim."

You are provocatively evil, always looking for a fight, and you play a dirty game by intentionally doing whatever it takes to insult someone, discredit someone, mock them, embarrass them, humiliate them, and physically threaten them. Then you do your best to whip up others to do your bidding and pile on the person you do not like!

This is a debate forum Wade, not the Jerry Springer Show. It is surely not a hate, thy neighbor forum. And personally I think you are in the wrong place. Be it, me; HAMel; Rev.; Evangelist; Jedi Knight; Solo Saint. You name them, you have been sarcastic, demeaning and down right nasty to the people "You don't like!"

I think that people like you need to take more seriously the current WWJD question and start asking yourself this question before you write a post of PM to another in an attempt to hurt them and belittle them in the eyes of those who you do like!

You do owe HAMel an apology, but none of us are holding our breath! Still, may I suggest that your New Years resolution be, WWJD? and start asking that before, during, and after you finish a response and before you are ready to hit the send button! :tear:

Just like you are so often freely doing, the above is merely my opinion. It doesn't matter, and will mean even less to you because after all, I am merely a "vantiy" writer, who paid to be listed in Who's Who publications. Still, I write this, hoping that the humanity within you will see this general rebuke as someting that is needed so you can discover what you're missing by "hating" so many brothers and sister on this board! Shalom?

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann, that is EXCELLENT advice. The prayer compnonent is the start and finish of working with these self proclaimed satanist and witches. But what I liked best from you advice was to wait and to speak when God provides or opens the door.

That reminds me of the old Jesus People Movement saying, "Brother, wait on Him, you don;t want to BRUISE the fruit!"

Hope you and your hubby had a great Christmas season with children and family!

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you brother. You have extensive experience in sharing Jesus, so I appreciate your words. Do you by chance live in southern Cali? If so, maybe one day we could get together for a cup of coffee, iced tea, or soda???

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If that turned out like the many times I debated atheists, it must have been enjoyable? These folks can be so ime consuming and even frustrating at times! But I'm sure thy think the same of us?

9. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was interesting. I was a teenager and new to debate at the time, so it was also a learning experience.:laugh:

10. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, rd2..., I had a cousin that made you think of a three dollar and thirty eight cent bill. This poor boy was so light on his feet that he floated right out into the path of a taxi cab while at the airport and that was it for him. At the funeral his kind came from everywhere. From far and wide they came. It was amazing and what a dog and pony show it was.

It's really sad because it's clear where these folks will end up and there ain't much one can do about it..., even if it's an off-spring. If you have an off-spring that has gone high and to the left, only a mental midget would call you on it. You know..., like you attended some class at the community college to send 'em that way.

...truth is, there is only ONE person we can apply hands-on to and that's ourselves, once grown.

As for your daughter..., hang in there bud. I've had my share of let-downs over the years but so far haven't had to deal with what you've gone through.

11. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very well said!!

:)

12. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I'm glad you've finally come to terms with the truth of your situation! :laugh:

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #WhateverUsay

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats called rebellion JDF.

15. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Probably not more than 40 miles then I would probably wait no more than an hour. Hope this helps.:wavey:

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you have assurance when you don't know who is written in the lambs book of life?

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is a problem that the Calvinist faces. I don't have to guess or wonder whether or not my name is written in the book of life, or whether or not I am one of the elect.
    I have believed on the name of the Son of God.

[FONT=&quot]John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.[/FONT]

Therefore I know beyond any shadow of doubt that:
    1. I have eternal life.
    2. I shall not come into condemnation.
    3. I have passed from death into life.

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What problem does the Calvinist face? The Bible tells me clearly how I can know I have eternal life. The Spirit does too. I don't have to question whether or not I'm saved OR one of the elect. I know I'm one of the elect because Jesus gave me a new heart.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Apparently some Calvinists have the problem giving their testimony saying: "I believed..." or "I put my faith in..." because they consider "faith" (or belief) a work and therefore would have a "works salvation." There are some here that will not give their testimony for that reason.
    Or,
    They will simply say I have been a Christian all my life or whatever.
    But belief and faith they will avoid.

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, we know that those who say "I have been a Christian all my life" do not truly understand the Gospel. We usually spend time with these to find out what their beliefs are and we've never found one who had a true view of salvation. There is no such thing as being born a new creation. :)

I don't see the problem with saying "I believed..." or "I put my faith in..." because from our side, that's what we've done. But through all of my years, I've seen that the only reason this happens is because of a work God is doing in the heart. I'm amazed how God works in the hearts of men before salvation happens. :)