1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

how I understand “the judgment was set” – Daniel 7:9,13-14, 26-27

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is how I understand “the judgment was set” – Daniel 7:9,13-14, 26-27

Romans 6:4b,
    A. hina hohsper (that like as)
    B. ehgertheh (was raised up)
    C. Christos (Christ)
    D. 1. ek (from)
    2. nekrohn (the dead)
    3. dia tehs doksehs tou Patros (by the glory of the Father),

A. houtohs kai (even so also)
    B. [peripatehsohmen] (should walk)
    C. hehmeis (we)
    D. 1. en (in)
    2. [dzohehs] (of life)
    3. kainotehti (newness)

“Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father” – “the glory of the Father in the face of Jesus”.

Dn7:9, 13,
    “I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of His head like the pure wool: His throne was like the fiery flame, and His wheels as burning fire. … and behold, One like the Son of Man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought Him near before Him. And there was given Him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve Him: His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His kingdom that which, shall not be destroyed. … the Most High whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom; and all dominions shall serve and obey Him.”

Matthew 28:18, “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and on earth …”

Ephesians 1:17-23,
    “That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He wrought in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and set Him at His own right hand in heavenly exaltation, far above all principality and power, and might and dominion, and every name that is named not only in this world, but also in the world to come; and hath put all under His feet, and gave Him: Head over all, to the Church which is His Body – the fullness of Him that filleth all in all.”

John 5:21-22,
    “For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth the dead, even so the Son quickeneth whom He will: For the Father judgeth no one, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: That all should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. … Verily I say unto you, he that heareth my word and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment but is passed from death unto life. … The Father has given Him authority to execute judgment also because He is, The Son of Man!”

Therefore, the Judgement occurred in Christ in resurrection from the dead; in that event the destiny of all men has been decided once for all. “He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God, does not have life.” (1Jn5:12)

“Believe the Record that God gave of His Son!” Daniel gave Record of Christ; the judgment in chapter 7 of Daniel, gave Record of Christ. Believe Him; believe in Him! Or forfeit life.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No need to imagine alternate scenarios for the timeline in Dan 7. The chapter is explicit -- AFTER the rise and fall of the 4th world empire - the pagan Roman empire -- AFTER the 1260 year dark ages persecution of the church -- THEN the court sits and "judgment is passed IN FAVOR of the saints" Dan 7:22 NASB

Dan 7
    21 ""I kept looking, and [b]that horn was waging war with the saints and overpowering them
    22 until the Ancient of Days came and judgment was passed in favor of the saints[/b] of the Highest One, and the time arrived when the saints took possession of the kingdom.
    23 ""Thus he said: "The fourth beast will be a fourth kingdom on the earth, which will be different from all the other kingdoms and will
    devour the whole earth and tread it down and crush it.
    24 "As for the ten horns, out of this kingdom ten kings will arise[/b]; and another will arise after them, and he will be different from the previous ones and will subdue three kings.

25 "He will speak out against the Most High and wear down the saints of the Highest One, and he will intend to make alterations in times and in law; and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.
    26 "But the court will sit for judgment, and his dominion will be taken away, annihilated and destroyed forever.
    27 "Then the sovereignty, the dominion and the greatness of all the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be given to the people of the saints of the Highest One; His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions will serve and obey Him.'

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:
    What I have tried to show was how Christ fulfils all this - fulfilled it by resurrection from the dead. The Scriptures I brought together confirm.

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dan 7 explicitly shows this to take place IN the NT age AFTER the fall of the Roman empire - after it's division into 10 parts and AFTER the destruction of three of those ten and AFTER the rise of the 11th that becomes greater than the entire pagan Roman Empire - THEN the court sits and JUDGMENT begins out of the things IN the books and THEN judgment is passed in favor of the saints Dan 7:22 and THEN all persecution of ALL the saints in ALL the earth - ceases.

Hint - that is a LONG TIME after the resurrection of Christ.

Hint- that is why in Romans 2 Paul points us to FUTURE JUDGMENT and a day when God WILL JUDGE the secrets of men through the man Jesus Christ.

Impossible to gloss over.

Impossible to ignore.

In Christ,

Bob