1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How many Christmas parties will you have attended this year?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Dec 15, 2007.

?
  1. None

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. One or two

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Three or four

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. five or six

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. seven or eight

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. nine or ten

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. eleven to fifteen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. sixteen or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

What's the number?

2. Joe

Joe New Member

None
    Don't drink, don't go near it. Take no chances.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Who said there was drinking involved?

4. Joe

Joe New Member

Around Christmas especially, there is always someone bringing something alcoholic to drink. Go figure

5. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

Do family gatherings count. If not, I think I will be able to avoid parities this year.

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

None................

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I went to the Central NY Bap Association pastors, and the Onondaga County Conservative Party.
    I was going to go to the CNY Patriot League, but it was canceled due to a snow storm.
    I have went to the NY Guard in the past, but that is in Albany and the travel time is too much to be back in time for Sunday AM
    Also, my wife has a friend who has a home Christmas party, but Mrs. Salty is very busy two part time jobs and part time college, so we took that one off our list as well.

Salty

PS who will host the '08 Baptist Board Christmas party? :thumbs: I figure we could have about 10 thur out the country. I volunteer Padre to have the Northeast party.:1_grouphug:

8. TC2

TC2 Member

Didn't go to DH work party, he decided against it.
    Have been to an oyster roast, and hosted a Christmas ornament crafting party
    for our niece and friends. My family will have a get together the Sunday evening b/f to open presents and eat. Christmas Day is at my MIL's, and my fam have agreed to go!

I may do a small 'primping for Christmas' party for niece and friends, doing their nails green and red, watching girly movies, ect....
    I wish we had a big house so could host for both fams. That would be a blast, but our cats would prob have a fit!

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Two this year, the wifes job will have one and we one of our members had one last night. I'm taking a good ribbing at the Church today for my dancing skills (or lack there of). :laugh:

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

We are having a Christmas lunch for school Wednesday. Does that count?

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I can think of two that I know we're going to.

Tomorrow night is the one at the yacht club where we're members. It's a "working club" - where members are expected to work to help keep costs down (this is certainly not one of those "snooty" clubs). Tomorrow night will be a cocktail party to thank all those who work. I know there will be alcohol but DH and I will partake of our usual seltzer with lime. ;) Oh - that reminds me! We got our bill this month and it was $100 more than it normally is! I checked out the billing and they have a bill for us for that much in alcohol! Yikes! Fortunately, they know we don't drink so it will be no problem to prove that we didn't drink wine, beer, and 6 Absolutes! LOL!

Then Wednesday is our staff Christmas party at church. I'll be pulling the girls out of school because this is for the whole family. We do an adult gift exchange and the kids get gifts from the senior pastor and his wife. It's a catered lunch and we have a WONDERFUL time! Oh - and no alcohol at that one but I'm going to see if we can't make our coffee punch which is to die for and should be as frowned upon as alcohol. LOL - it's sweetened coffee, ice cream, chocolate milk and whipped cream. Gazillion calories at least. LOL!

12. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==For the first time in many years my answer is NONE. I failed to show up for my Sunday school Christmas party because I was not feeling good and no party at work. So, I am enjoying a party free Christmas while it lasts. Next year I will not be so lucky.

13. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Churchwide party
    Ladies Ornament Swap party
    Faculty and staff (school)
    Youth party
    1st grade party
    K5 party
    and the high school students party

THat doesnt count family stuff.

I got invited to the Cheerleaders christmas party (I declined) and my choirs wanted to have one as well (wish not granted). And my 8th grade homeroom is having a party at a students house and I got invited, but I will be out of town (aw shucks).

14. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

I LOVE Christmas parties--a chance to get-together with family and friends, co-workers, meet new people....share fellowship with church family, etc.

Not counting family-only gatherings, I'll attend four, and I'd go to more if I got the invitations! :laugh:

15. Joe

Joe New Member

Oops I forgot. I will be attending one Christmas Party. The Chamber of Commerce Mixer I am helping with. No one gets drunk or acts up. Been hanging with them being on committees, attending luncheons and mixers since before I became a Christian. Many of the members are good friends of ours. I often forget there is alcohol at the functions. Take no chances otherwise

#15 Joe, Dec 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2007
  16. A2J

A2J New Member

1 to 2 at most. Work related parties, both mine and the SU's.

:)

17. Chessic

Chessic New Member

I like Christmas parties too, if they don't include alcohol.

None for me. I haven't been invited or even heard of any planned.