1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How should Christian parents handle this

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Jan 10, 2012.

1. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

I know this has to be hard for you, but why can't you be seen in public? And the reason you won't be associated with her is because you are embarrassed. That's not "tough love," friend. If she were in an illicit heterosexual relationship, would you still go to these measures? If she had a child out of wedlock, would you still see your daughter and her child?

The fact that her relationship is a homosexual one shouldn't change the way you act toward your daughter. My guess is that she would already know you don't agree.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No doubt difficult, but I would do the same thing and not just in the case of same gender relations. What you described for me would cover every type of sin. I will pray for her.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks FAL...

...prayer is all I have left in regard to her lifestyle. I know she knows the truth, but somewhere along the way in the direction toward the narrow path (corrected thanks to Matt Wade); she took an undesignated exit and is fully enthralled in the grid lock on the highway to hell!

#83 righteousdude2, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

You may want to clarify this. It sounds like you are saying that she lost her salvation, but I'm sure that's not what you meant.

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks...

When I say she knew the way, it does not mean she was born-again. She knew the way to the path, but didn't choose to go in that direction when the opportunity to make the decision presented itself!