1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

how to handle homosexuality in family

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by IfbReformer, May 19, 2003.

1. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, I believe it would be a sin, since marriage is a covanent between a male, a female and God. </font>[/QUOTE]ok good answer
    you had me worried

2. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Not so. All that passage addresses is sexual perversion/immorality. Of course they are both wrong. The Scriptures do say that homo relations are unnatural. It is not unnatural for a man to desire a woman. Bestiality is sexual immorality also. It is the product of a more depraved mind.

3. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

John, read Psalm 5:5 (among many others).

4. latterrain77

latterrain77 New Member

Hi Daniel David. You said; Not so. All that passage addresses is sexual perversion/ immorality.

In your earlier post you called it "other sexual relations that are sinful." Isn't that the same thing as "immorality?" Lev. 20: 10, and Lev. 20: 13 address the practices of the two and the results are plainly shown to be identical. One has no more weight than the other.

You said; It is not unnatural for a man to desire a woman.

I agree. But it would be adultery unless that woman is your wife (Matt. 5: 28)

You said; The Scriptures do say that homo relations are unnatural.

All sin is "unnatural" and the practice of any makes one guilty of all (James 2: 10). Christians were the "unnatural" branches (Rom. 21: 24). Thanks! latterrain77

5. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

latterrain77, according to Romans 1, such acts are the result of Divine judgment. God actively gives people a reprobate mind as judgment.

So, all sex that is not between a man and woman inside the bounds of marriage is sinful and wrong. I don't think anyone is arguing about that.

The evidence is clear though that "from the beginning, God has made them male and female".

6. latterrain77

latterrain77 New Member

Hi Daniel David. Thank you for the comments. You said; according to Romans 1, such acts are the result of Divine judgment...

All sin and unrighteousness result in Divine judgment, not just one (Rom. 1: 18).

You said; So, all sex that is not between a man and woman inside the bounds of marriage is sinful and wrong. I don't think anyone is arguing about that.

I'm glad you agree. I was responding to your comment; " It is not unnatural for a man to desire a woman." To which I replied; I agree. But it would be adultery unless that woman is your wife (Matt. 5: 28).

You said; "from the beginning, God has made them male and female" . I agree (Gen. 1: 27). Thanks! latterrain77

7. christine

christine New Member

I think we all agree that it is sin. The guy that started this is long gone, we went fish line, hook and sinker. [​IMG]
    Gotta go hold up my end of the arguement in another thread! [​IMG]
    Ciao
    Christine

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

John, read Psalm 5:5 (among many others).

Read John 3:16, among others.