1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"How to Witness" website

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Brian30721, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Brian30721

Brian30721 New Member

I have a website with many, many resources for learning how to share your faith. The address is http://www.FreeLifeToday.com

I hope it is helpful to you.

Brian

2. Barrister

Barrister New Member

You have to remember that Catholics worship Jesus, not a book. When witnessing to Catholics you have to tell them to stop worshipping Jesus so much - especially the Sacraments He gave to them - and tell them to start worshipping the Bible. That's the surest way of winning over a Catholic.

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

A little sarcasm there? [​IMG] Catholics dont worship Jesus. They worship Mary, a church building and other relics. As far a worshipping a book, it is not ther book that is worshipped but the words in the book.

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

4. stubbornboy

stubbornboy New Member

i agree with that.we must beleive what the Book said.

as for catholics, yes they worship mary but i think i should add that they rely their salvation tru the church and the priest or the tradition. :rolleyes:

5. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True Christians worship Jesus, not a book. To worship a book, even the Bible, is blatant idolatry.

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Yes. Worship of the elements is idolatry.

NO! You shall worship the LORD your God alone! Remember the First Commandment!

If you are successful, all you do is win them over to a form of idolatry that you are comfortable with… Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, NOT THE BIBLE.

I certainly hope you are joking… :(

I sincerely hope the Barrister was being sarcastic…

Many do and many don’t. You can’t make blanket assertions about Roman Catholics (just like Baptists) because there is such a variety of belief and practice.

Nope. That’s still idolatry. The words of Jesus should be learned, memorized, practiced and proclaimed, but they should not be worshiped.

His words are eternal truth more stable than the material world, but they are not to be worshipped.

We are to keep the words of Jesus in our minds, in our hearts and through our actions, but we are not to worship them.

The words of Jesus provide a blessing to those who hear, receive and practice them, but they are not to be worshipped.

We must not alter the gospel or we bring destruction to ourselves and others.

We must not alter the gospel or we bring destruction to ourselves and others.

I am not trying to offend, but if you are worshipping the scriptures, you need to repent and follow Jesus. He is the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through Him. (see John 14:6)

6. onestand

onestand New Member

Are you tired of life being a racket??? Get saved and have a ball with Jesus....ok bad line but i thought I'd give it a wack BaHAHAHAHA