1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How will the parties use Gustav

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Aug 31, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I am not implying the party candidates may not have genuine concern for the gulf coast citizens, but we all know this storm will play a big part in the Nov elections. Bush reaction to Katrina was not received well so we know this is very important.

How do you think the parties will use Gustav to improve their image? Who stands to benefit most?

2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I don't think the fact that there is a hurricane approaching the Gulf Coast that is the major problem for the republicans. I believe that the memories of the Bush Administration's botched handling of Katrina that is the problem. It will bring up bad memories when the republicans don't need it.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suspect that we will see all four candidates in the Gulf area after the storm passes to help out.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bush administration did not botch the katrina help. Mayor "leave the buses in the parking lot" Nagin did.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

You are correct, but the 'Blame Bush' lie has been carried on for so long now that some see it as fact :(.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The problem was beyond one city or state's ability to overcome. We blame Bush for his reluctance to get help after the storm. Has nothing to do with parked buses.