1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How would you define a fundamentalist?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by KJV Warrior, Apr 22, 2004.

1. KJV Warrior

KJV Warrior New Member

I believe that a true fundamentalist is one who stands on the fundamentals of God's Word. Faith, Divinity of Christ, believes exactly what the Bible says, does not twist the meanings of the doctrines. Believes God absolutely, without question. Stands on one, inerrant, complete, perfect, preserved, Word Of God.

2. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

I would define it the way history does. That way, we don't violate your principle of twisting the meanings around.

Sure the fundamentals of doctrine must be embraced. That wasn't the only issue though. They were willing to fight and separate if necessary over those doctrines.

Btw, KJV warrior, please explain why the fundamentalists (who argued for the inerrancy and inspiration of Scripture) used the American Standard Version and rejected the King James?

3. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Let me say this just once more. This is not the version forum. We are not going to argue this issue here. I started to move this thread there but sicne it is a question about fundamentals I decided not to. I will however close this thread.
    Murph