1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hurray for Christmas!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by David Ekstrom, Dec 24, 2006.

1. David Ekstrom

David Ekstrom New Member

In my younger years I didn't like all the trappings of Christmas. In fact, I wasn't really keen about the holiday at all. We should celebrate Easter, not Christmas, I thought.

I'm glad I'm past that. Today we had a great crowd in the morning service and another real good crowd at the Candlelight Service. In both, I got the opportunity to present the Gospel to folks who don't normally darken the doors. I'm still in the afterglow of two services where Christ was honored and the Gospel was presented.

Did it get through to nominal Christians? I have no idea. That's not my job. I just pray that the Holy Spirit will work. And I am so thankful for opportunities.

Lord, please give me the passion and the wisdom to seize whatever opportunities that come my way to honor You and to share the Gospel. And help me make opportunities as well.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Good to hear David, don't loose momentum...

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I would not want to dash you enthusiasm but do rememeber that there are those who have lost spouses and are by themselves.

When I was a student studying out of state and had no family, there were those who invited me to their homes for meals and activities. Many of those people have died since. Some of the students during that time came to Christ through people who invited them to their homes. I have never forgotten how well some of those people treated me. I did not come from a Christian home and through those people I saw how Christian families should live.

4. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

GLORY! Keep on keeping on, Brother! :godisgood: