1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hypothetical Scenario 2

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Christina1, Oct 30, 2023.

?
  1. Option 1

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Option 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Christina1

Christina1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In the previous hypothetical scenario, option 1 gained the most votes. You have made your choice and have chosen death. This is what happens next...

The blindfold is taken off of your eyes. Your hands and feet are bound. A man with a machine gun is standing nearby. There are two other men and one woman in the group. These three are holding binoculars. All are wearing camouflage. The leader of the group walks out smoking a cigarette. He looks at you and takes one last satisfying drag. Then he flicks it away. This was apparently the signal for the gunman to ready his weapon. You close your eyes and you hear the weapon fire. But something odd happens. You can still hear birds chirping. You can still feel the ground under your knees. You're still breathing. You open your eyes to find that the gunman shot a single bullet in the dirt. And he is now reaching for his knife and frees your hands and feet. He helps you up. "Sorry for the poor treatment, friend. We had to be sure you weren't a spy. I was just like you."

You are immediately provided with clean clothes, warm food, and a beverage of your choosing. A fire is started and everyone has a seat. The leader explains that they are an infiltration group pretending to be part of the hostile forces. Then he opens a suitcase containing all of the objects of faith that had been confiscated. They were all there in the same condition as when they were taken from you.

He then explains that you have two options:

Option 1
    You can have your things back but you must leave the land forever because it is unsafe. The leader explains that it would put them in an awkward position if they would capture you for a second time.

Option 2
    You can join the group but you have to burn all of your Christian objects in the fire with the exception of the Bible. You would be permitted to study it like crazy for three days and then it, too, would have to be burned for the protection of the group.

2. Christina1

Christina1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I would take my things, thank them for sparing my life, and then I would flee the land.