1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I finally got to meet Paige the other day...

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Daniel David, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Todd

Todd New Member

Again, we are looking for biblical arguments to refute the brief explanation of doctrine as listed above - subjective experiences (while they may pertain to the issue) won't help us to define doctrine.

2. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

1. Scripture deals in terms that God demands/expects. You may call it whatever you want, but we are required to obey it.

2. That is absolutely correct.

3. Perhaps you have something in mind that you are confused about?

4. My wife does follow the correct interpretation (and not your hack job) of the text.

5. I have NEVER even hinted at my wife being submissive. I don't have to. She has a desire to obey the Lord, so she is submissive. I don't have to tell her to be. Btw, she would rate our marriage very high. Your subjectivity is meaningless in these discussions.

6. Wrong! How typical. Men who beat and are abusive to their wife and/or children are men who do not understand their role. God made us strong that we might protect and cherish. It is equally a false view of the role of man to make him effeminate, errrrggggg, submit to women.

7. No mending is necessary. They are both absolute commands. Christ NEVER submitted to the church. Follow along please.

8. Subjectivity isn't productive in these discussions. Your view of things are colored by what you believe.

9. If the wife desire to obey her Lord, submission will not be an issue.

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

DD

I promised myself not to even attempt to have discussions with you in the past, I thought that perhaps we could have a decent discussion on this issue. I was wrong.

I will not allow myself to get into conversations in the future with people who only seek to denigrate those that think differently than they do.

[attack snipped]

[ February 27, 2004, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Bob Griffin ]

4. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

[quotation snipped]

I am just glad to see how well the liberals can debate an issue. First ignore, then attack personalities. How utterly typical.

[ February 27, 2004, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Bob Griffin ]

5. Todd

Todd New Member

DD, you are EXACTLY right. This is exactly what has happened between the SBC, and the moderates/liberals who act as it's detractors. Just as has happened here between you and Jimmy, those on the moderate/liberal side of the argument can't deliver on their pre-conceived doctrines by "rightly dividing the Word of truth," so as a result they bring themselves to name-calling, attacking personalities, and constantly crying out "mean-spirited" and "divisive." Is this not the only reason that the CBF is in existence? Please hear me - I'm not just spouting off about some things that I know nothing about. I have received CBF state newsletters, seen the content of CBF annual meetings, etc. Do you know what the one reoccuring theme has been in everything that I have seen and read from the CBF? It is this: Anti-SBC sentiment - nothing more, and nothing less.

Why do I bring this up here? Because the personal attack hoisted by Jimmy against DD provides a clear example and an appropriate platform to discuss what is really underlying all these issues that have been batted around between the SBC and the CBF.

1. It is wrong for anyone (I don't care if you're SBC, CBF, Independent) to espouse some doctrine that is not taken directly from the Scriptures through sound exegesis and proper hermeneutics.

2. It is even worse for someone to resort to name-calling and blowing smoke just because their unbiblical doctrines will not stand up to the "right dividing" of God's Word.

These two fallacies have been committed by Jimmy, and they have been committed by the CBF ever since its inception.

And by the way, who do you think God is going to bless: Those who argue "a priori" doctrines and resort to name-calling, or those who are true to the Word of God and refrain from such things as personal attacks? I think we all know the answer to that question, and it is my prayer that we will all get our hearts right about these matters.

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK. This thread has progressed past the point it could in any way be considered on topic and only tangentally relevant to the denominations forum, and the bitterness and name calling has reached its full measure.