1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I Have To Conclude.....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, May 23, 2016.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea....thanks John DeLorean.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yur welcome.

JohnD

3. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am in large part in agreement with the premise, because Christ taught a many/few ratio, though we might debate only those claiming to be in Christ are in view, rather than the world in general (which would be, I think, a weak argument).

But you bring a notable issue up:

How many can actually define what it means to be born again, and...

...how does having Him (not it) impact salvation in Christ?

It is odd that Christ can teach "Ye must be born again (from above)" yet how many take the time to understand this?

And that is not necessarily the fault of the true convert, in my view, it is the responsibility of those who have the charge over new converts. But, while there is an "innocence" of sorts for the newborn babe in Christ, just as there is an innocence for an infant, as that convert grows the responsibilities fall more on their own shoulders. We see those who claim to do "many marvelous works in the name of Christ," yet the Lord responds He never knew them. Perhaps we see more emphasis placed on our relationship to the group or denomination we are part of over the one relationship that can truly save.

On a side note, have you ever found a fellowship you like? Just curious, EWF.

God bless.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No