1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I just want to run away

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Annabell, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Annabell

Annabell New Member

I'm sorry but I don't know where to post on. And yes probably should talk with pastor but..... I have a lot of kids each with issues. Husband not saved and really starting to get to me. All I am for him is to make money take the kids around and again I better make money. I get sometimes like bad thinking I want to kill myself---oh but no I feel it would be bad for my kids to have their Mom gone and then they have a higher percentage chance they would kill themselves. I love my kids so much and they would be the ones I miss. But life is so stressful right now. I'm not close to anyone at church. Yeah they ask how are things going I just say oh ok--BECAUSE OTHERWISE WELL the real answer is very long and drawn out and they don't want to hear it after 15 minutes. So, just easier to say OK. My kids are wonderful. They go and want to go to church every time the doors are open. I support that and they have strong friendships there. My husband thinks it's crazy to go to church all week long--but he doesn't go at all. I don't have any close friends to talk to. I have talked with my pastor and his wife together to discuss the marital issues but it's such a big ordeal to organize a grand meeting to do a discussion. Also, the pastor and his wife are younger than me and it just seems awkward--they mean well but .......I'm sorry just had to vent...

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You and your family are certainly in my prayers.

3. Beth

Beth New Member

mine as well

You are in my prayers as well.

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Annabell,

Find a Christian marriage counselor, preferably a licensed one. Many larger churches have a man on staff who is licensed and who will counsel you for free. If you are not confident in your pastor, find someone you CAN confide in.

I will be praying for you. If you will PM me your city and state of residence I will try to find some local resources for you.

5. RustySword

RustySword Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Annabell,

I STRONGLY second the advice given by Mexdeaf.

My family is currently going through a crisis which, although different from yours, may actually be worse.

We have been offered all the love and support of two SBC churches in the suburbs. However, there is a large SBC congregation in Dallas that has also offered to help us in any way that they can. They have a larger staff and more resources, and we have, with thanksgiving, accepted their assistance with certain things, and will probably ask them for even more help in the future.

If you are unable to get the help you need from your own congregation and/or pastor, please seek out the assistance of a larger church that will have the resources to help you. These larger churches are usually more than happy to use their resources to help ANYBODY in the Body of Christ, regardless of their denominational affiliation.

May God bless you.

Yours because His,
    RustySword

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Annabell, you need to get counselling. Waste no time. Get to your pastor. Get direction.