1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I met the webmaster!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by DocCas, Jul 15, 2001.

1. DocCas

DocCas New Member

The webmaster and his lovely wife graced our morning service today! What a blessing to meet them! They were in LA for the Hungarian Baptist Convention meetings, and drove all the way to San Diego to be with us (I am sure the offer of a free meal had nothing to do with their presence here!). [​IMG]

2. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course you could be wrong there Dr. Cassidy, for a free luch in a late afternoon - far away from home - could be very tempting. ;) So what did you think of Herr Webmaister?

3. DocCas

DocCas New Member

:D Could be! My wife, my mother, the webmeister, and his wife went out to lunch, and we had a great time of fellowship. He was younger than I expected in view of the wisdom he has shown on the BB. What a great blessing it is to me to meet new friends whom I have come to know via the internet. This is about the 10th time this has happened, and every time it has been a real blessing.

Our only regret was that you and your wife could not make it out this way for the conference this year and join us, but if I am ever in the vicinity of NYC (shudder) I will be sure to rectify the situation! [​IMG]

4. Joy

Joy New Member

How exciting! I always suspected he was younger than he was letting on ;) . We do appreciate him and his wisdom and vision for the BB!

5. KeeperOfMyHome

KeeperOfMyHome New Member

6. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

Meeting Bro. Cassidy was so great that I'm thinking about organizing a Baptist Board homecoming next year (in Wyoming :D ).

7. Barnabas H.

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why an earth in Wyoming?! ;)

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    WYOMING - No place on earth since Eden was destroyed in the big flood.

WYOMING - Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Devil's Tower, Thermopolis (world's largest hot springs)

WYOMING - Wide open spaces where we don't clutter up our scenery with people or trees

WYOMING - Least populated state in America, with less than 2 people per square mile

WYOMING - Home to 95% of America's pronghorn antelope

WYOMING - No income tax, no business tax, lowest property tax in America, 3% sales tax

WYOMING - produces more coal than West Virginia and Kentucky combined

WYOMING - home of more active missile silos than any other place this side of Khazakistan

WYOMING - where all the men are smart, all the women good looking and all the children above average

WYOMING - where it does hit 90 some days, with a sweltering 4% humidity (you can bake, but you don't broil in your own juices)

WYOMING - home of Vice President Dick Cheney

Why or why would someone not want to leave the dregs of humanity and confines of the asphalt jungle to enjoy air you can breath without seeing or drink water from a cool mountain stream, tip your hat to every person you meeting driving 100-miles on a major road (all 3 of them)?

Why would it not be the most logical place for a grand fellowship? I heartily concur and will begin formulating plans forthwith.

9. Barnabas H.

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry for asking Dr. Bob, but thanks for that splendid and informative description of Wyoming (save the WYOMING - home of more active missile silos than any other place this side of Khazakistan bit). :D

10. FundamentalDan

FundamentalDan New Member

WYOMING- Where it takes 45 miles to get to another gas station. (Note to all: When you see a gas station- STOP!! It may be the last one you see for two hours)

WYOMING- Where there are no rest stations to go to the bathroom and no trees to provide cover from the road.

WYOMING- Where the capital city has less of a population than the smallest suburb of Oklahoma City.

WYOMING- Where the altitude is high, but not as high as the average college student.

WYOMING- Where no major airport exists and it costs an extra two hundred bucks to fly in.

WYOMING- Which only has two seasons- freeze and bake.

WYOMING- It's like no other place on earth!! Thank God.

Forgive me, Dr. Bob, but I have seen all of Wyoming last summer that I want to see. If you decide to have the BB reunion up there, I think I will stay in OKC and pray for you all.

FundamentalDan

11. Barnabas H.

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh "FundamentalDan," you are really in for it now! I can hear Dr. Bob getting ready his arsenal of choice words to get back at you, and defend the precious frontiers of Wyoming! So, if I were you, I would duck! :D

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No worry about me attacking Dano. He chooses to live in Oklahoma. The poor ruddy youth already has shown the poverty of his mental capacity. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>And Dano, I just want you to know I stood up for you the other day.

Someone said that an Okie was not fit to eat with the pigs. And I said you were! :D