1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I must say, this ranks pretty high in the extreme category!

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Dale-c, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

This was sent today to Dr James White of Alpha and Omega, whose blog I read frequently.

Here was Dr. White's response:

You can fine the original here:

http://www.aomin.org/aoblog/

2. Salamander

Salamander New Member

A "flame" by its original character.

Is this all you people know how to do?

The KJB is written in such a way as to guide the posesser into all truth due to the harmony of all Scripture found within its pages.

Only the devil would maintain something that would either cause disharmony concerning the Scriptures, or allocate less of those Scriptures to be God's entire word.

I fail to see where hardly any "KJVO" ever equated the KJB with the Gospel, or what you presented, as being a part necessary for salvation. That is GROSS error for white to make that ascertian.

The catholics have a way of demonizing everyone with whom they disagree, is that your purpose for presenting the data above?

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It would seem Mr. Thomas' object of worship is not Jesus Christ, but his translation of his Bible. I pray he is not one of those saying "Lord, Lord..." on the last day :tear:

4. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Your assumption is as gross an error as White's.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well, my Lord is Jesus Christ, not the translation Bible I read...so, no it is not.

6. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Yes, it's a gross error by assumption. His post never alludes to his worship of the KJB as if he doesn't worship Jesus and is a very blatant attack on anyone who you would make that ascertian.

But, hey, keep it up, you're bound to continue to embarass the ranks!

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'll be praying that Mr. Thomas comes to know the truth. It seems that he's placing his trust in something other than God.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    About whom are you speaking Salamander?

Have you ever read some of the KJVO leadership diatribes against those who disagree with Them?

Here is a passage from the KJV that many self-appointed KJVO masters need to head:

2 Timothy 2
    24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
    25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
    26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.​

Many of their KJVO devotees consider it a badge of manliness for these men to use profane language when speaking of "the apostates" (Those who don't use the KJV) or of those of the "Alexandrian Cult" (ditto).​

Titus 3:1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
    2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

1 Timothy 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
    2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
    3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;​

HankD​

#8 HankD, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

NO...the man is an idolater!
    The one who doesn't follow the "King James Bible" doesn't know the TRUTH? I thought Christ was the Truth? A true believer can be held captive by satan...because he uses a translation other than the KJV?
    What is the "Word of Truth" according to the man? THE KJV! Is that what the Bible refers to as the "Word of Truth"? A resounding NO!!
    What does he mean by this? Easy...if you are not KJVO, you are not saved. Salvation is found in the translation you use...not Christ alone.
    If he realized salvation is found in the name of Christ...why is he stating it's found in the translation he uses? Me thinks the man is confused, and I pray that HE finds deliverance in Christ.
    Thomas sure does!
    Which can ONLY be found in the KJV Bible, I suppose :rolleyes:
    This is idolatry, plain and simple. Disagree with it if you wish, but I believe Scripture backs me up on this assertation.

10. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Salamander, I am just curious:
    Do you happen to believe that those who use other versions are still saved?
    Also do you believe one must use the KJV to have the true Bible, even if they do not speak english as their native language?

11. Abell

Abell New Member

I'll throw my two cents in. I fully believe the KJV to be the Word of God for English speaking people. However, I do not see it being very beneficial to non-English speaking folks. They need translations based on the Textus Receptus just as the KJV is.

When a close examination is made of the newer translations, serious errors and misleading doctrines are discovered. Since God is unable to lie, and He is not the Author of confusion, [I realise that the poster is new, but attacks on the Bible, even in various versions, is not permitted] versions are promoted, the more perverted our society becomes. The decline in morals in our country pretty much run proportionately with the advancement of newer, politically correct, watered down versions.

While I do believe a person who is led to the Lord with a new version is just as saved as I am, I also believe that person is being short-changed when it comes to proper Bible study, and therefore are not walking as close to the Lord as possible. If you can't trust the word of God, how can you trust the God of the word?

#11 Abell, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2008
  12. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Since you are new here, perhaps you can show us some of these errors and misleading doctrines. Over the years here at the BB, many have made these very same claims, but in every case without exception they could not show an actual error or a misleading doctrine.

But now that you are here, perhaps you have the information that no one else has had up to this point.

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Since no one has been able to point out a true error or misleading doctrine in any of my versions of Scripture, I have full confidence in the Word of God that I use daily. God is certainly as much the author of these versions as the versions that have come before - and the manuscripts that came before the TR. :)

I agree that there are some new politically correct watered down versions, but I'm sure we have a difference of opinion as to just what versions they are. ;) But I do not think that it is the version that have perverted our society but our perverted society (perverted by sin) has perverted the Scriptures.

What about those who believed before the TR and/or the KJV? Did they not walk as close to the Lord as possible? I don't think so. We can trust that the God who spoke the universe into existence is strong enough to preserve His Word for the 20th century in a language that is applicable to them. Yes, the KJV is the Word of God but so is my NASB, NKJV, ESV and NIV.

14. rbell

rbell Active Member

As PL said...name one. You won't be able to.
    Also...since the KJV's differ among themselves, which one did God not author?

I know of two friends of mine that were abused as kids by church folk from their church. One was a KJVO church; one wasn't. The evil perpetrated had nothing to do with the version used. Sin is sin, and sin unfortunately abounds today...but it has to do with God not being obeyed...not a change in versions. That's preposterous.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Can I ask you if you believe the fall of man was due to money?

16. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

First, using the idea that "God is not the Author of confusion" in the discussion of translations is an interpretative abuse of Scripture; you have taken 1 Corinthian 14:33 completely out of context. And God absolutely was the origin of the confusion at Babel.

Second, there were several other English Bibles before the KJV, and they do not agree among themselves (see some open topics currently in this forum). The 'problem' of multiple versions existed before 1611.

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm not expecting Abell to reply...he has 5 posts in 7 months, and today's was the first since May.

18. Abell

Abell New Member

Actually I can name several. BUt first, what does a child molester have to do with Bible versions? A lost man is lost whether he tucks a KJV under his arm or a dirty magazine. Stay focused on the issue at hand please. Here are four easily reasearched errors, contradictions, and lies.

1. Who killed Goliath? Compare I Sam.17:50, II Sam. 21:19, and I Chron.20:5. In the NIV and other versions you have a contradiction. One verse says David did, another says Elhanan did. (Error & Confusion)

2. Who is speaking? Look at Mark 1:2. Isaiah did not say this as the NIV claims. This is a quote from Mal.3:1. (Lie)

3. How is one saved? In newer versions it is by baptism. Most newer versions omit Acts 8:37. In this verse the eunuch confess his belief in Jesus as the Son of God. Leave this verse out and the eunuch is saved by baptism. (Confusion)

4. Best for last. Jesus and Lucifer are not the same person. However, most newer versions including the NIV have Jesus being Lucifer. Look at Isa.14:12, II Pet.1:19, and Rev.22:16. (Flat out blasphemy)

I'm glad to share these errors and lies with you. I won't be able to respond to anything else until Dec.29 when I get back. May God bless you all. Merry Christmas.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

There is no merit in this thread continuing. We are on the same old tired track.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.