1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I need help finding this story.......

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by kmdiva, Jun 20, 2007.

1. kmdiva

kmdiva New Member

I used to be 100% positive this story was in the bible, I thought I recalled reading it. However I mentioned it to two people and they were clueless to its existence, and now I'm driving myself crazy trying to find it.

Was there a prophet who rescued a baby girl from dying in a field, and later made her his wife? Or am I crazy.

I feel foolish asking if somethings in the Bible (especially since its one of my newly aquired majors) Thanks in advance!

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

kmdiva --

Perhaps you're thinking about the prophet Elisha; however, the person he restored to life was a young boy (not a baby). See 2 Kings 4:8-37 for the whole story but especially verses 18-36.

BTW, I wouldn't necessarily consider it as foolish to ask whether or not something is in the Bible.

I've come across people who firmly believe there are certain things in the Bible when in fact they aren't or vice versa.

FWIW, I'd rather ask about it and possibly find out that it either is or isn't in the Bible than to merely believe it is (or isn't) there.

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think chapter 16 of Ezekiel may be what you are looking for . The topic heading in my NIV says : An Allegory Of Unfaithful Jerusalem

Ezekiel relates what the Lord says : On the day you were born your cord was not cut , nor were you washed with water to make you clean , nor were you rubbed with salt or wrapped in cloths . No one looked on you with pity or had compassion enough to do any of these things for you . Rather , you were thrown out into the open field , for on the day you were born you were despised .
    Then I passed by and saw you kicking about in your blood , and as you lay there in your blood I said to you , "Live!" I made you grow like a plant of the field . You grew up and developed and became the most beautiful of jewels . Your breasts were formed and your hair grew , you who were naked and bare .
    Later I passed by , and when I looked at you and saw that you were old enough for love , I spread the corner of my garment over you and covered your nakedness . I gave you my solemn oath and entered into a covenant with you , declares the Sovereign LORD , and you became mine . ( verses 4-8)

Both bad and good news follows . But I won't give away the plot :)

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Ruth wasn't a baby, but Boaz did find her in a field and make her his wife.

5. kmdiva

kmdiva New Member

Thank You! I was driving myself Crazy!