1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I never Knew you, depart from Me !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Jul 8, 2011.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

That is not denied, but we need to take heed to what He said , because it is truth !

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't deny that, but let's take heed also to use scripture in the context that it is given.

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

"I never knew you" means just that--He NEVER knew them; they were never born again. They were just "playing Christian". There will be a lot of "religious" people in hell who trusted in their own righteousness, so-called "good works", church membership, or various other things to get them into heaven (like the woman who told me she was a Christian because she was an American), and they will try to justify themselves at the Great White Throne Judgment.

On the other hand, I'm sure there will be a surprising number of people in heaven that others never expected to see there, because they are saved but were never discipled and grew in the Lord.

4. Jerry Shugart

Jerry Shugart New Member

Amen!
    I believe that you are right about this as well, Jon-Marc.

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I know the context, a truth found in a particular context is not restricted to that context.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What is wrong is to take a portion of a verse out of its context (Mat.7:21,22) speaking of false teachers, and combine it with a text directed to Christians as an admonition (2Cor.13:5). That is unethical, and hermeneutically incorrect. All scripture must be "rightly divided," and taken in its context.

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Both portions address believers ! Jesus was speaking to believers, Paul was writing to believers. However among believers may be reprobates, who are not really believers, for that reason heretics are among believers 1 Cor 11:19

For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Paul told the Ephesian Elders that among them shall arise grevious wolves to destroy the flock Acts 20:29-30

29For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them

So your point is mute as far as I am concerned. Why don't you try dealing with the words of scripture instead of these rabbit trails ?

Matt 7:22-23

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

That is what Jesus is going to say to some of those Paul mentions in Acts 20:30, who began to speak perverse things ! They were reprobates !

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Argue as you may, but the wolves in sheep's clothing are not the same as the saints in Corinth addressed in 2Cor.13:5. That is the basic difference. You can't combine Scripture like that.

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

When Jesus says to them, I never knew you " He is saying, you never belonged to me, because, Scripture say the Lord knows those that are His 2 Tim 2:19

19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Yes, its the very same greek word for knoweth here as it is in Matt 7:23 where its knew..

So those who preached in His name, He tells them, I never knew you. How many of us today believe we are preaching in Christ name ?

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't argue with that. That is what Mat.7:21-23 is teaching.
    But that is not the teaching of 2Cor.13:5 which you combined this with. You can't combine both verses together.

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Not Known in Covenant Love !

Those who will shortly be hearing these dreadful words " I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity" Matt 7:23

They were 100% known by God's omniscience, however, they were not known in Covenant Love, that Love God has for all those Chosen in their Covenant Head, the Lord Himself Jesus Christ Rom 8:39

39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Also their names were not written in the Lamb's book of life from the foundation of the world, if they had been, surely the righteous Saviour would not have said " I never knew you ", He would have acknowledged having to once known them at least ! There was not one drop of His blood shed for them, because that blood was covenant blood !

Zech 9:11

As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water.

Thats describing redemption through His blood Eph 1:7

Heb 12:24

And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Heb 13:20

Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Matt 26:28

For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

So their damnation is Just in the day of Judgment ! For they shall be Judged according to their iniquities !

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I was never responsible for you !

Matt 7:23

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

From continual study of this passage and the word knew, which is the greek word ginōskō which means:

to learn to know, come to know, get a knowledge of perceive, feel

a) to become known

2) to know, understand, perceive, have knowledge of

a) to understand

b) to know

3) Jewish idiom for sexual intercourse between a man and a woman

4) to become acquainted with, to know

This word is also used in Rom 7:15 :

15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

The RV renders it " That which I know not "

15For that which I do, I know not. For what I would do, that do I not; but what I hate, that I do.

The thought is this: I do not recognize as a thing that I am responsible for !

I was not aware of you being of My Sheep, the ones I layed down my life For John 10:14-15

14I am the Good Shepherd, and know My sheep and am known by Mine.

15As the Father knoweth Me, even so know I the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.

See those Jesus laid down His Life for, as their Shepherd, He felt responsible for them, so of course He Knew them for which He was responsible for.

Those in Matt 7:23, He never felt that way for them. He never knew them, in that He never felt responsible for them as His , He did not own them as His Sheep, and He their Shepherd, so He felt no responsibilty for them.

As the word know also means to feel . Jesus was telling them, I never had intimate feelings for you, which meant simply He never Loved them.