1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I used to be an imbecile (Bible; a fool can read it and become wise).

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Just me, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Just me

Just me New Member

Hi brother and sisters,

I am a living example of the effect that God's word can have in a persons life; I fed myself for years with drugs and alcohol and television. I was brought up with a knowledge of God. But as a teenager chose to feed myself with my father's (at the time) fruits; My father then being the father of lies.
    God's mercy and grace through Christ Jesus my Lord years later not only saved me from going to hell and the lake of fire. But also to a life bound by the effects of having my mind conformed to the world; If you have children who have been by Drs said to be insane (by whatever term they choose to describe the effects of being filled with Satan's tasty yet never satisfying poisons; Schizophrenia, bipolar, anxiety disorder, depression, phsychosis).

I know of someone who knows how he was loosed from such things (as well as drug and alcohol addiction). As well as Television addiction and certain music addiction, to things that are very harmful not only for a Christian. But also have devestating effects to some one who is not born again.

Dear brothers and sisters. Such things as the man I speak of was bound to. Are only the scratching of the surface. We as Christendom are so far from what is required of us as pertaining to the potential we have in Christ Jesus, not only for the world to see (Matthew 5:16). But also that our joy may be full (John 15:11; 1 John 1:4).

Please after reading the scripture in Romans, look at the following link (and please remember, we can only practise Romans 12:1, 2 by reading the Bible every day, and by prayer);

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
    Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

http://www.sierratimes.com/05/08/09/209_240_205_63_39130.htm