1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I will pretend for a minute that I an a Calvinist

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by seekingthetruth, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Also note that Eve "interpreted" God's word other than the way God presented it. That was her first mistake and it led to others.

2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like this is what happens when we do not take God literally at His word. Sort of like what the New Bible versions are doing more and more. I read where there is a new version for those who speak Arabic. They decided to rename God the Father, Allah.
    MB

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

So, by that logic I suppose everyone who has error in their doctrinal beliefs is not really saved because clearly not all of us are hearing the 'same voice?' Is that your point?

We agree on this point, we just disagree regarding the effectuality of the means God uses to seek and enable mankind to respond to his appeal for reconciliation.

But once God has intervened and the person is 'seeking' (asking questions like the rich young ruler did) he may certainly 'consider the cost' of being a disciple (like a man going to war or building a tower in Christ's teachings) and decide the cost is too high and walk away.

I don't think that and I never made that argument...

I wasn't talking about your witnessing encounter. I was talking about a hurting teenager who thinks God doesn't love him and didn't choose to save him. He thinks he is like the mass of humanity who has been rejected by God (according the Cal system), and it has lead to a feeling of hopelessness for him. I can tell him not to feel that way, but you of all people should know you can't tell people what "not to feel." This is his fear and I was the one he came to about it. I told him from both the Cal perspective and the non-Cal perspective that this fear was unfounded and why, but I speculated as to how many others may be feeling these same things because of the reformed teaching that God only salvifically loves and saves relative few that He has predetermined before they were even born. That teaching has an affect on people who have felt rejected all their lives...especially those who are caught in addiction and can't see any 'real' evidence of God's effectual working in their lives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.