1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ideas on witnessing

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Larry, May 14, 2002.

1. Larry

Larry Member
    Site Supporter

Shortly after becoming a Christian, I was watching a TV news show, about a man who filmed forest fires. He was with a fire fighting crew, getting great footage of a huge wall of fire roaring down a hillside. Suddenly the wind shifted and the wall of fire was now heading towards him. This was Pulitzer Prize material. Men running for their lives, scrambling into trucks. At the last moment he jumped into the back of an awaiting truck. As he poised in the back to film a narrow escape the sound ru-ru-ru-could be heard, the truck wouldn't start! No time to run, all he could do was shove the camera under a toolbox in the back of the truck and try to cover up. What the camera recorded in the next few moments is permanently etched in my mind. As the wall of fire passed over his body he screamed and kicked and flailed, in the flames with every breath he screamed OH GOD! OH GOD! OH GOD! Then as quickly as it came, the fire passed.

I had seen the fate of the lost, only not for seconds but eternity!

please see the study at

http://www.tccministries.org/mycustompage0010.htm

[ May 14, 2002, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Larry ]

2. Reborn James

Reborn James New Member

Excellent story! That is the best way to minister to heathens... to let them know the torment that awaits them if they refuse to accept Jesus!

I'm sure that the fireman has seen the consequence of denying God. I'll bet he's now attending church every Sunday!

3. Larry

Larry Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks……….I think?

What are you talking about? “I'm sure that the fireman has seen the consequence of denying God. I'll bet he's now attending church every Sunday!”

That was not intended for heathen eyes. The whole point in the story is to stir up some compassion in Christians for the heathen.

Why don’t you read the study at the link…and then criticize it…ok [​IMG]