1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured If it's not the Gospel, what is it??

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by steaver, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Evasion and Rabbit Trail !

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

:laugh::laugh:
    Have you got Alzheimer's and can't remember what you said?
    You want me to rehearse what you said? What a joke! :laugh:

My statement is valid, very valid. You won't find the ugly doctrine of reprobation in the Bible. That is why I can't quote scripture to support it. Duh!

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

The Pharaoh that tortured Israel when Moses came back? I dunno about that. Every message God gave Moses was to let His people go or else...

Exodus 9:15-17 YLT
    "for now I have put forth My hand, and I smite thee, and thy people, with pestilence, and thou art hidden from the earth. And yet for this I have caused thee to stand, so as to show thee My power, and for the sake of declaring My Name in all the earth; still thou art exalting thyself against My people -- so as not to send them away;"

Romans 9:17 for the Writing saith to Pharaoh -- `For this very thing I did raise thee up, that I might shew in thee My power, and that My name might be declared in all the land;'

It appears God raised him up to show him who's the Boss, imo...

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Ok well it appears you do not have the ability to deal with reasonable arguments.

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Yeah rehearse it back to me so that I know you understand what I wrote ! And yes your comment was invalid !

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

It appears you have the ability to evade and make rabbit trails !

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Huh?? I was supporting you. :confused:

Are you EvaneglistBR549's twin?

8. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

I think someone got their wires crossed.

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Sorry, that was not meant for you but another poster !

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Okay. Good. I was wondering what happened....whew.....

11. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

Yes, the Lord loves all kinds of people.

His love is not limited to race, social status, gender, age or religion.

But please remember the Scripture which reminds us that we are not naturally born into God’s blessed family, children whom He loves unconditionally.

Rather, we are born children of God’s wrath (Eph. 2:3) and must be adopted into His family through faith in Christ Jesus. (John 1:12).

Furthermore, the love of God does not abide on the unbeliever.

Rather, the wrath of God abideth on the unbeliever. (John 3:36).

The Great Commission is not a lie.

Only God knows to whom He will show mercy and compassion. If Saul the Christian-killer can be saved there is hope for even the most vile sinner. Therefore, we are to preach the Gospel to every creature.

The second great commandment is only a lie if you tell the unbelieving sinner that God loves him in his unbelief.

John 3:16 tells of God’s worldwide love for both believing Jew and Gentile (whosoever believeth). It also speaks to justification by faith alone in Christ alone.

Luke 15:7 tells of God’s love for all repentant sinners, no matter who they are.

God’s love for the Elect is that which actually powerfully efficaciously saves His people. (Matt. 1:21). Note the emphatic “he shall save His people from their sins.”

Who are His people?

They are those who love God. (Romans 8:28)

And why do they love God?

Because God loved them first. (1 John 4:10; 4:19).

Please consider the fact that God is not under any obligation or debt to love or save one person. (Romans 11:35).

For all persons are naturally at enmity with God and cannot please God. (Romans 8:7-8).

All persons deserve (earn) God’s justice, not His love.

That God has chosen to love and graciously save some does not make Him evil for not loving and saving every man without exception. (Matt. 20:15-16).

Christ has propitiated the justice due all God’s Elect.(Romans 5:8).

Had Christ not died a penal substitutionary death on behalf of the Elect, no one could be saved.

However, because God’s immutable justice was satisfied through Christ’s active and passive obedience, God was now able (without denying His justice and holiness) to reconcile sinners to Him forever.

I hope this helps explain a few fundamental Bible truths essential to understanding our salvation.

....truths which our Lord wills us to know what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, as well as his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved) and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.

12. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank you protestant for this fine post....you saved me much typing and have furthered the discussion:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

None for whom Christ died are born under God's condemnation and wrath, even while they're unbelievers and enemies rejecting God, because even while they're enemies they were reconciled to God , not by anything they did or didn't do, but by the Death of God's Son Rom 5:10 so you are in grave error my friend when you say that those Christ died for are either condemned John 3:18 or under God's wrath John 3:36 !

14. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You gotta love it!! One Divinely Enabled Cal telling another Divinely Enabled Cal they are in grave error! "We believe what we believe because God opened our eyes to the truths of Calvinism". Now why has God opened you guy's eyes to opposing truths??

15. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You are ignoring Scripture!

Ephesians 2:1-3
    1. And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
    2. Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
    3. Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.

16. OldRegular

steaver,

The above statement shows just how utterly ignorant of the Biblical Doctrines of Sovereign Election and Grace, what some call by the "nickname" Calvinism!

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes brother, and this from a man who doesn't understand he is a Calvinist :smilewinkgrin:

Oh, and let me remind everyone for the umpteenth time, not one, no not one, post pointing out which part of my sermon contains a dishonest statement and why.....but I have no understanding :smilewinkgrin:

18. OldRegular

Wrong as usual steaver. In my post #4 I said your OP was malarky. I should have called it Bull Dung. Then I showed you Scripture defining the Gospel.

19. OldRegular

Can you name those Calvinists who claim that TULIP is the Gospel. If you cannot then my assessment of the OP in the preceding post, is correct.

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    sbm........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.