1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If You're New Here Please Read

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Keifer, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. (Matthew 5:12)

2. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Clever way to get your post count up. :thumbs:

3. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

For Jerry, here's today's post count embellishment. For everyone else, here's today's offering of God's Word...

The LORD recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the LORD God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust. (Ruth 2:12)

4. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

The wicked worketh a deceitful work: but to him that soweth righteousness shall be a sure reward. (Proverbs 11:18)

5. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. (Galatians 6:8)

6. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. (1 Timothy 1:16)

7. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; (2 Corinthians 4:1)

8. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: (1 Peter 5:8)

9. Goldie

Goldie New Member

Romans 10:9 - KJV
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9 - NIV (otherwise known as the New International PERversion)
    "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

The Bible never requires us to make Jesus our "Lord" to be saved, only trust Him as our Saviour - John 14:6.
    -----------------------------------------------
    What many people don't realize:
    Salvation cannot be a gift if a person is required to forsake their sins to receive it.

Romans 4:5 plainly states, "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."

#329 Goldie, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
  10. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

A belated welcome to the boards Goldie. Yes, we are required to confess Jesus as Lord, just as Romans 10:9 states. If we do not confess Him, He will deny us before the Father in Heaven:

"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 10:32-33)

Therefore my question to you Goldie: Why would you deny Jesus as Lord?

Following is today's Scripture...

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Ephesians 6:12)

#330 Keifer, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2008
  11. Brother Shane

Brother Shane New Member

John 7:38 - "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."

12. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. (2 Corinthians 4:4)

13. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. (Acts 26:18)

14. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; (Colossians 1:25)

15. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained. (1 Timothy 4:6)

16. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. (2 John 1:9)

17. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things. (Titus 2:10)

18. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 5:16)

19. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, (Ephesians 4:1)

20. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; (Philippians 2:15)