1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IFB Singles

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Copper, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Copper

Copper Guest

IF you are a single Independent Fundamental Baptist where do you go to meet other single Independent Fundamental Baptists? There isn't much out there on the web. In fact, if you're single you know what I'm talking about. There are a couple places but, they're all pretty much much secular and worldly.

BUT, there is good news! [​IMG] You might want to try
    Fundamental Baptist Singles - <a href="http://www.fundamentalbaptistsingles.com" target="_blank">http://www.fundamentalbaptistsingles.com[/URL]</a>

They're separated, KJV only and it edifies the Lord.

If you are single OR if have any single friends who are Independent Fundamental Baptists let them know about the website. Its FREE.

Blessings,
    Copper [​IMG]

2. JamesBell

JamesBell New Member

wow, just what the IFB people need... AN INTERNET DATING SITE!

Actually, it is probably a good idea. I thought that church was the best place to meet someone. I'm glad that people now have the ability to expand their circle of possibilities.

But, let me say I am thankful that the looking days are behind me. Too much stress involved in meeting new people.

3. Copper

Copper Guest

(whispering) Um, not all of us are, um, married. [​IMG]

And for the record - if anyone knows any eligible IFB KJV only bachelors ...

[​IMG]

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I would encourage you to stay away from a KJV Only bachelor. It would be better to pursue someone who holds the Word of God in high regard. It is a better foundation for marriage if that is where it ends up.

I would also tend to stay away from dating sites. The church is a great place to meet people. That way, you know you have stuff in common, like what you believe about God.

5. Copper

Copper Guest

I feel extremely sorry for you. You must've had a terrible mother if she didn't teach you any better manners than this.

"Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners." -1 Corinthians 15:33

6. LarryN

LarryN New Member

I feel extremely sorry for you. You must've had a terrible mother if she didn't teach you any better manners than this.

"Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners." -1 Corinthians 15:33
    </font>[/QUOTE]Copper provides a reply typical of those who cannot deal straightforwardly with someone else who disagrees with them:

1. An ad hominem attack; followed by:

2. Shameless proof-texting.

I hope the irony in this post is apparent to all: Someone who feels free to make insulting, disparaging remarks about a person's mother is the one who is attacking someone else's manners!

[ July 15, 2005, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: LarryN ]

7. Copper

Copper Guest

</font>[/QUOTE]Copper provides a reply typical of those who cannot deal straightforwardly with someone else who disagrees with them:

1. An ad hominem attack; followed by:

2. Shameless proof-texting.

I hope the irony in this post is apparent to all: Someone who feels free to make insulting, disparaging remarks about a person's mother is the one who is attacking someone else's manners!
    </font>[/QUOTE]And the same goes for your mother, too. [​IMG]

8. LarryN

LarryN New Member

Copper writes:
    You further prove my point.

9. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Perhaps you could take time to explain how my mother got into this (she is wonderful and taught me great manners), and why exactly you feel sorry for me. All I did was offer you some sound biblical advice about pursuing a mate. God knows I had my issues in selecting a mate, and I wouldn't trade what I have for anything in the world. But she wasn't my first choice. Fortunately God saved me from myself. My recommendation was to avoid a KJVOnly man and instead choose someone with a high regard for Scripture. It will be advice well taken ... if you take it.

How is this relevant?

The "evil communications" here have come from you making ad hominem attacks and bringing people's mothers into it. I would encourage you to refrain from that. It does not help anything.

10. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Copper,

KJVO bachelor?

You are the one who needs prayer.

11. Copper

Copper Guest

Perhaps you could take time to explain how my mother got into this (she is wonderful and taught me great manners), and why exactly you feel sorry for me. All I did was offer you some sound biblical advice about pursuing a mate. God knows I had my issues in selecting a mate, and I wouldn't trade what I have for anything in the world. But she wasn't my first choice. Fortunately God saved me from myself. My recommendation was to avoid a KJVOnly man and instead choose someone with a high regard for Scripture. It will be advice well taken ... if you take it.

How is this relevant?

The "evil communications" here have come from you making ad hominem attacks and bringing people's mothers into it. I would encourage you to refrain from that. It does not help anything.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Gosh - you attack MY beliefs and then when I offer the hand of sympathy for your poor upbringing you have a hissy, eh?

You DO have a terrible mother and if you had a father, he failed you miserably by not spanking you as the Bible says for your obnoxious and hateful ways. This thread was moving along quite nicely until you stuck your insiteful and spiteful comments in it.

Have a lovely day.

12. Copper

Copper Guest

Well thank you - we all need prayer.

Maybe it doesn't say that in the perverted versions but it does in the Authorized King James Bible. [​IMG]

Have a great day!

13. Copper

Copper Guest

You further prove my point. </font>[/QUOTE]And you mine sir. [​IMG]

14. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

This is a euphemism for God's name and it is a violation of the third commandment.

I didn't attack your beliefs. I made a comment about the truth of Scripture. If you are KJVO, then you should change yoru beliefs to conform to God's word. It is important that you hold a high view of Scripture in line with what God has taught us about it, and it is important that you find a husband who will lead you to have that high view. KJVOnlyism is completely incompatible with the high place that God gives Scripture and should be rejected by all who love Christ.

Pointing out errors is not an attack. It is the most loving thing we can do as those who love Christ. To allow someone to continue in false teaching unconfronted would be extremely unloving.

I didn't have a poor upbringing. I will be willing to bet that I was spanked more than you were (because my parents would not accept my sinful ways). And I didn't have a hissy (whatever that is). I calmly responded to your personal attacks.

You don't know my mother and the fact that you can comment on her is quite remarkable. I do have a father. He has been married to my mother for more than forty years. They have raised three children, all of whom are serving the Lord faithfully in local churches. All three of us got spanked, I more than the other two.

Insiteful?? What does that mean? I said nothing inciteful; I did say some things that were insightful. I don't know how to say anything insiteful since I don't know what that is. And there was certainly nothing spiteful.

You would be well served to listen to godly advice that people give you. Your marriage decision is a very important decision and needs to be given serious thought and prayer. But we can say right off the bat that it is not God's will for you to marry someone who is involved in false teaching. That will lead to a life you will not want to be a part of. Follow God and his word as the authority in your life, and learn not to respond in anger and personal when someone gives you biblical advice.

Have a lovely day.

15. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Copper...you hang in there and don't let the Bible correcters get ya.KJVO people DO have a high regard for scripture...as a matter of fact they have such a high regard for scripture that they believe that the Word of God has no errors in it and doesn't need correcting by anybody.We just believe it and stand on it.
    As for christian dating websites,I don't know about them but I do know that God led me to the most wonderful woman I have ever met in a Christian chat room and we are to be married on Oct.22nd of this year.I am still pinching myself to try and make sure I'm really awake...lol.I have been married before(years ago),but my first wife(a professing Christian who I met in CHURCH AND a BJU grad) divorced me back in 1985 after deserting me(she has been remarried TWICE since then and had one child out of wed-lock).She was a devil in disguise and I paid a heavy price for my lack of discernment back then.Anyway,the key is....wait on God...trust Him and Him only...and have confidence in the Word of God(if you are KJVOnly you don't have to question what that is!)He will lead you if you have a surrendered heart and want ONLY His will.Have a great day.

Greg Sr.

16. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

The implication that people who use modern translations of the Bible are Bible correctors who believe God's Word has errors in it is as absurd as it is offensive. If you believe the Bible then you are not KJVO. If you are KJVO then you are not a fundamental Bible believer. It is that simple. To say that the KJV is the best translation is certainly an arguable point. To say that the KJV is a good translation is not even debatable; it most certainly is. To say that the KJV alone is the Word of God in the English language is false teaching. And that is what I was warning against. I have complete confidence in Scripture as being completely without error in the whole and in the part, just as God taught. That is why I am not KJVOnly, and that is why I would encourage Copper to look for a man who believes the Bible and studies is in order to build his life on it, rather than a man who has been decieved by the false teachings of men who have corrupted the Bible's doctrine.

17. Gregory Perry Sr.

By the way...the Modern Version folks CAN'T prove their point from SCRIPTURE either so that is a pointless circular argument that has NO place in a this(or any other)thread.I take my belief in the perfection of the KJV from faith in the evidence in its behalf that I have seen,read,and studied.Therefore I accept it on that basis.AT BEST that is ALL the MV crowd can do in regards to what THEY believe as well.We just disagree on the "evidence".....and ALWAYS WILL.Professing christians are just as POLARIZED on this issue as they are on things like capitol punishment,baptism,Calvinism/Arminianism,divorce/remarriage(a relevant issue for me) and many others.Stick by your guns if you believe you have a perfect Bible...you can't go wrong there.
    As for internet dating sites for IFB's...just be CAREFUL that you actually get to know anybody you meet on there before you commit to anything....but remember...people can LIE to your face (in person)(in church or elsewhere)just as easy as they can LIE while using a keyboard to talk.I've run into LIARS in BOTH places!Pray and ask God for wisdom and discernment in EITHER case.

Blessings,
    Greg Sr.

18. Gregory Perry Sr.

Pastor Larry...you and I both are entitled to one thing...we can agree to disagree and both you and I are free to hold to whatever position we believe.I have my conviction and opinion....and you have yours.You think I am wrong...and I think you are wrong...at least on the KJV issue.Personally,as a resident of the Greenville,SC area,I have heard much debate on both sides of this issue...and read much evidence on both sides.After much prayer and study,I came down on the side opposite of yours.That's just the way it is.The truth is that the SCRIPTURES can't be used to exactly define what is and isn't the truth on this issue.There are no scriptures that say,"thus saith..." the MV's OR the KJV.The evidence to establish the truth of EITHER position is "extra-biblical" at best.I'm just gonna leave this at that since this thread isn't even supposed to be about that topic.I respect your right to hold your position even though I believe it to be misguided and false.......BUT,I'd appreciate the same from you brother.I'm done....climbing off my soapbox now.Have a good weekend!

Greg Sr.

19. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Greg,

It is incorrect to say that our position has no Scripture to point to. In fact, we can point to dozens of Scriptures that verify and support the use of versions other than the KJV, and show that something other than the exact wording of the original manuscript was considered the Word of God. In fact, the NT uses translations that differ from the OT text and still calls it the word of God and expects obedience to its authority. That is all the evidence we need.

I have no problem with someone who prefers the KJV, or the TR, or the Majority Text (they are not the same). I can grant all the liberty in the world to disagree with me about that. But when you or anyone else says that the KJV is the "only word of God in the English language" or "the perfect Word of God int eh English language," we must draw the line in the sand and say that you have departed from biblical teaching. The Scriptures can be used to define what is false on that point. And when you, or anyone else, says that we do not believe the Bible is error free and authoritative, it is simply wrong. You, being in the area you are, should know that the majority of fundamental churches in your area disagree with you, but hold the Bible in very high regard. In fact, in that area is one of the very best Bible expositors in teh country who disagrees with you, yet still holds the Bible to be error free and authoritative. Just please be careful with teh accusations you make.

I agree with you about dating sites. Be very very careful. It is easy to lie in teh world of anonymity.

20. shannonL

shannonL New Member

What is wrong with Copper wanting to date someone who is KJVO like herself? This forum is living proof that those who are KJVO and those who are not have a hard time getting along. If that is a conviction she holds dear then she should find somebody that feels the same. I wouldnt make it the number one criteria but it should be highly considered if that is a deeply held conviction.

Larry you know you would start an arguement by claiming that those who are KJVO do not have a high regard for the Word of God. That was a cheap shot in my opinion due to the fact that it wasn't even the main point of her thread.

I know lots and lots of pastors who use the KJV and their greek testament to do their study. They just don't feel comfortable using more recent versions. They are very Godly men who have a very high regard for Scripture.

Admittedly there are kooks in the KJVO movement. Just like there are those who are trying to distort the Word in some of the newer translations. Not all of them but some.
    I prefer the KJ myself. Put it this way. We wouldn't be dealing with the problem of "gender nuetral" bibles and what not if people didnt start messing with things to start with.
    The TNIV is a terrible translation. Well over a hundred scholars from across the world have spoken out against this translation. We never would have gotten a TNIV if it wasnt for a NIV.
    Furthermore, it is very common today for people to refer to paraphrases as translations. Rick Warren does this in his PDL book. Others do it as well. I believe that is wrong. It has only happened because the marketplace has been flooded with so many versions. I think copyrighting Scripture is wrong. If its God's Word it belongs to him not the publisher. Is the publisher going to sue some church if they quote to long of a portion of Scripture from their version?
    I realize I have'nt made any real arguments for the KJV. Its just the Bible I use.I don't hold it up as somekind of test of fellowship. I just trust it. I feel like this. If a person is convicted about using a particular version and they don't try to shove it down somebodyelse's throat then let that person be. If they want to engage in the debate that is another story.
    Copper wasn't trying to stir up the KJVO controversy in this thread. You did that Larry. You know you did. To imply that someone takes a lower view of Scripture because they use only the KJV is unprovable no matter what. You may find folk who hold that view and don't know why but that doesn't mean they don't have a high regard for Scripture.