1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

II Thes. 2:13 and Election

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Pioneer, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Pioneer

Pioneer Guest

II Thes. 2:13 states that we are chosen to salvation through the sanctification of the Spirit and the belief of the truth. The word "through" indicates the means by which we are chosen to salvation: the working of the Holy Spirit and the belief of the truth. Unconditional election is no where found in this verse.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the phrase "God has chosen you" doesn't mean election, then I guess I can't read the English language and my education from 1st through 12th grade was in vain. [​IMG]

I hope this helps. [​IMG]

Ken

3. russell55

russell55 New Member

No, it indicates the means by which we are saved. Our salvation comes through faith in the truth, and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit:

But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning...

These particular brethren were chosen by God a long time ago. What were they chosen for?

for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth

To be saved by the inner sanctifiying working of the Holy Spirit and faith in the gospel.

And it was for this He called you through our gospel, that you may gain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

It was for this faith and sanctification that they were called, so that they might share in Christ's glory.