1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Incredible video_well worth 2:52

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by kyredneck, Feb 15, 2013.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As you can imagine from my location, I am very partial to the Osprey! :tongue3: But they are a beautiful bird of prey!

Great video, thanks for posting it!

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ky Fish & Wildlife actually has done an excellent job in my area with reintroducing certain species, ospreys being one of them. We're located approx. halfway between locks 10 & 11 on the Ky River and KDFWR began reintroducing them early 90s.

While sitting on the front porch 2-3 summers ago my wife and I watched as an osprey swooped down and snatched a bluegill from the pond out front and perched in a tree in full view and ate the fish. We watch the birds eat sunflower seed we feed them through the winter, but that was something special to both of us.

#3 kyredneck, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
  4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks to our sailboat and living near the water, we see a LOT of osprey. We even had one sitting on our mast last year - and we got him off fast before he broke our electronic equipment. I hear them constantly flying over my yard in the summer. :)