1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Indebtedness

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Palatka51, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Indebtedness has started more wars than those of religion or ideology.

Let's face it, our revolt from king George VI was over unbearable payments (taxation) for the French and Indian War.

Germany had much of Croatia's debt from the Crimean Wars which brought on WWI.

Germany's indebtedness to the Western powers caused crushing economic woes. Making them desire more autonomy and began to build up for the pillage of its own Jewish citizens and then national neighbors by war. Hence the reason for WWII.

Workers who were kept poor by corrupt businesses and despotic governments have taken up revolution to usurp what they think are their just earnings only to decimate their nation's economies. Then they blame their failed economies on their neighbors and foment revolutions to bring them down to their level.

All this reminds me that It is true what Jesus said, "The love of money is the root of all evil."

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow. I'm glad I didn't take history at your school.

BTW, it wasn't Jesus that said "the love of money is the root of all evil", it was Paul in 1 Tim. 6:10.

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

And here's me thinking the American brouhaha was settled three Georges earlier.;)

4. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Indebtedness is just another way to say it was about money. We can just as easily say they were all about power. In a very real way they are interchangeable terms. The losers are always left in a bad economic state. This, in turns, plays a part in the lead up and justification for the next war. The rise of Hitler and the issues in Germany between WWI and WWII is a case study of this. If people can't see that, well, these days it doesn't surprise me.

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. Most wars are about territory, meaning natural resources, which is another way to say it's about money.