1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Infant Salvation

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ReformedBaptist, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Are they born with teeth? Not in this, just had to respond when someone uses one line for doctrine. Extreme lengths to prove a point of their theology.
    Great teeth! they must of been fully developed.

#81 Brother Bob, Aug 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2007
  2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Mr

Salvation without hearing the gospel and accepting it is hyper-Calvinism by definition.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that a serious question, brother ? I should think it is, speaking lies, that is.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to derail the thread, but where is the Scripture that says one must hear the gospel and accept it in order to be eternally saved ?

I do know of certain Scriptures where the gospel is said to save, but I understand it to mean saved in the doctrinal sense, in the credal sense, the moral sense, and all that has to do with one's existence here in time, but eternal salvation is surely OF GOD alone.

5. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hello Bob,

Psa 58 is about the wicked. reread it and you will see the full meaning.

one statement is that they will LIE from the beginning.

Is this sin?

6. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

yes i'm very serious.

You see wither or not infants are saved, has nothing to do with their condition as sinners.

We all are sinners. Some of us are sinners saved by grace.

7. moondg

moondg Member
    Site Supporter

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Not you moondg.

9. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Hi James, how are you?

Unless they are born with "great teeth" James, they they must of been fully grown, if their teeth were fully grown, and of course they went forth from the womb. It says they are "estranged from the womb", that means to be separated from the womb James. Of course again they went forth from the womb. I never knew a infant with full grown teeth, speaking lies. Have you? There has to be some symbolism here, "he washed his feet in their blood", you ever hear of that?

Psa 58: 6
    1: Do ye indeed speak righteousness, O congregation? do ye judge uprightly, O ye sons of men?
    2: Yea, in heart ye work wickedness; ye weigh the violence of your hands in the earth.
    3: The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.
    4: Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;
    5: Which will not hearken to the voice of charmers, charming never so wisely.
    6: Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: break out the great teeth of the young lions, O LORD.
    7: Let them melt away as waters which run continually: when he bendeth his bow to shoot his arrows, let them be as cut in pieces.
    8: As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away: like the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.
    9: Before your pots can feel the thorns, he shall take them away as with a whirlwind, both living, and in his wrath.
    10: The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.
    11: So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.

#90 Brother Bob, Aug 14, 2007
  11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Even if it is addressing specific sins...the point remains Christ told them there sin does not depart them. I'm sure they are not the only ones in history whose sin stays with them.
    ...or more accurately, you believe original sin is taught in Scripture.

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Can anyone prove these are only children of the "elect"? No one else ask, so I must.

13. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Hello Bob,

I am good thanks for asking. I have been very busy and had little time to play/debate/chat. Its good to do it a bit tonight.

Let me show you what I see in this passage and see if you agree.

do you agree?

BTW Bob,

I hope you are doing better. The last I heard you were not well.

In Christ...James

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ever hear a baby speak...let alone speak lies, James?

Can we say "hyperbole"?

15. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

I'm not sure they are children of the elect, unless you are saying this as in the Sonship of the believer.

16. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

It very well could be hyperbole. But this does not change the meaning of the passage. If these are real lies or not, the point remains.... they (mankind) are wicked from the womb. no? :)

BTW....still waitng on this...

ou + ou = ou right?

#96 Jarthur001, Aug 14, 2007
  17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I have another heart blockage and they can't do anymore for me. I do alright though, thanks for asking.
    It is good to be debating you again. I will try and show what I think this scripture says:

We have to look at it with reason, a babe does not have teeth, much less "great teeth", so it would have to be after they went forth from the womb and were grown enough to have great teeth, whatever that means.

18. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Yes...and this is part of the point of webdog.

But it does not change the meaning even if there is no lies.

Lets say this is only a metaphor ....

1) what does it say about the wicked from their birth?

19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Birth here is spoke of when they have "great teeth", you have to take that into account.
    Were they evil when born, I really do not think so, but chose the wrong path when the Light appeared to them. I think they were neither good or bad as far as wickeness is concerned, but when they were enlightened by the Spirit and given understanding, they chose darkness. So the first state of them as far as good or evil was evil, but when they had "great teeth".

Rom 1:21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

20. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

another good one...

Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. :)

ou+ou=ou