1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Inquiring minds want to know...

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by The Archangel, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I'm actually curious now what the steps are when banning a long-standing member. I can understand banning the trolls we've dealt with lately (you know who I mean...with their never-ending True or False questions).

But with a member in long-standing, is the process different? Do the mods/admins follow some type of order where the poster is approached first about their actions and given the opportunity to change their ways? Or do we just ban first and ask questions later?

I'm genuinely curious...

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the case of The Bib (I've never conversed with him about it) it appears he was banned first and then approached to rectify the situation AFTER a certain amount of public outcry on this board.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are given warnings and assessed points against them. After multiple warnings they will ban them. Sometimes it is for short periods like a couple of weeks. Other times it is more long term.

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMO, it was going to be a 'dead horse' until Squire foolishly resurrected the issue.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe, from what I have seen it does not look like archangel was going to let it go. Of course now the wagons are circled.

6. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Wait a minute fellows, according to the rule "People using multiple accounts may be banned." It says may be banned. Not will definitely be banned, but possibly be banned. Now carry on with the fight.:laugh:

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The above is a shameful paragraph.

I have probably not heard of some Christain men you respect. But for to spout off that they are the spawn of hell should raise some righteous indignation.

Yes, Dr. Mohler is held in high esteem. And some nobodies deserve the same Christian courtesy of not regarding them to be be under the curse of Galatians 1:8,9. Whether you are famiiar with him or not, don't think it is okay for someone to drag his name in the mud.

8. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you have read what I have concerning the Bob Jones'.

9. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please check the timeline. This thread was started at 12:20am Pacific Standard Time by Archangel. I responded with post #8 at 3:37am PST. That's hardly time for this to become a dead horse. People demanded an explanation and an apology. I responded. I didn't resurrect a dead thread.

10. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No one will be critical of what you believe if you discuss them openly. They might interact with them.

I do have a hard time with the attitude about Al Mohler who is a leading spokesman who never backs down from the ungodly media.

Listen to him on sermonaudio, or youtube:thumbs:

11. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no idea what you are talking about and how it relates to my words that you quoted.

12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regardless Squire, you've made one unwise move after another concerning the matter. From the very gitgo when Willis first referred to robt. k. fall as 'Squire' you should have had enough discernment about you to know right then and there that you were BUSTED. But you didn't. You fibbed instead. You could have hunkered down, not said a word, let robt. k. fall just fade away into the past never to be heard from again and that would've been the end of it forevermore. But you didn't do that. You took sides with DHK and actually agged the contention on further through robt. k. fall. And I could go on, but all this ultimately shakes my confidence in the 'authorities' on this board. It's crystal clear to everyone that we have no safeguard with you. DHK can be just as bellicose as he wants and run roughshod over your forum and post whatever he wants with impunity, because you'll do nothing to stop it, no, you'll actually side with him.

#32 kyredneck, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014
  13. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That articulates my concerns, too.

The Archangel

14. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Imagine if I had said :

As for the matter of David Innes; though some here hold him in high esteem --most do not. For all the direct influence he has had on my life and Christain walk, he might as well be on the moon. I really don't care if some have said he is outside the othodox Christian faith. If you are upset with that,if your feelings are hurt when I say that; too bad.

15. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry to disapoint you, But, your comments don't hurt my feelings. Pastor Innes has big shoulders and can carry the weight of your remarks. Unless, they are blood kin, I don't take the slights of others personally.
    Though, I must ask what about him disturbs you?

16. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The keys words, which you ignored, were in my title :"Imagine if I had said..."

You and DHK are on the same wavelength. Both of you do not care if a godly servant of the Lord is called a reprobate --someone outside the bounds of historic Christian orthodoxy. And that position by both of you is absolutely disgraceful. If it was not a matter of being so disgraceful --it would be laughable among the leadership of the SBC.

David Innes, who I had never heard of before, might just as well be called the tasteless names DHK( and you who have given tacit support)attached to Dr. A.M. In addition,to claim ignorance of who A.M. is, and his reputation,is absurd in the extreme.

17. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I take it you have not been though the Billy Graham controversies or in IFBdom the Hyles\Schaap imbroglio. I have experienced at least some of the fall out from these nuclear disasters. Regretfully, they cause me to be somwhat non-plused. Your reaction to criticism (correct or not) of Dr. Mohler puts me in mind of those who supported Dr. Graham. Those who defended Mr. Hyles loudly cried "Touch not the Lord's annointed." In both situations, cases could be made against the men in question.

Considering Dr. Mohler is a large enough figure on the Baptist scene, it would be foolish for me to say I am ignorant of who Dr. Mohler is. This is what I wrote
    The key words are "direct influence."

18. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must misunderstand the meaning of the word criticism. For you to say that DHK has merely critized Dr.A.M and a whole swath of people with his outrageous ephithets (which I will not repeat) is the understatement of the century.

It reminds me of those who classify the NIV as a "perversion","not the Word of God" , "full of evil" etc. Are those just criticisms? Of course not, be honest.

19. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you read any of the criticism of Dr. Graham? I know most of it dates back to the mid-'50s through the 80s. But it's there. And some of it is just as harsh as what DHK wrote on Dr. Mohler. And for your information, I am anti-KJVO though not anti-KJV. But that's a topic for another forum.

20. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What have they said though about David Innes and Dr Mohler that has you up in arms here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.