1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

interacial marriages

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by PraiseHim, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Siegfried

Siegfried Member

2. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

The Harvest said:

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!

Anybody here remember that story of the tower of Babel or are you all too busy watching TV to crack open your Bibles??

I'm going to coin a new axiom: McClare's Law. It says, in short: The more extraneous punctuation points, excessive capitals, words repeated for emphasis, and implicit intellectual superiority a message contains; the more nebulous or illogical the assumptions it takes for granted, and the greater the leap of logic the author expects you to make.

Note how we're all expected to accept, without question, that the Tower of Babel incident has something to do with interracial marriage. Of course, the Tower of Babel story says nothing about marriage or race . . .

3. The Harvest

The Harvest New Member

first, i'm white, blonde hair, blue eye. what do you think?

second Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father , neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

4. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Nothing brings out the non sequiturs like a good interracial marriage thread. :rolleyes:

5. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    first, i'm white, blonde hair, blue eye. what do you think? </font>[/QUOTE]I don't know. That really doesn't mean much.

I am also "white" -- whiter than most whites because I can't even tan -- and have strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. But I am the product of a "mixed" marriage between a mother of Austrian/Eastern Europe descent and a father of Scottish/English/Irish and who knows what else descent. There is a decent chance that there is a black person or two in my ancestral background on my father's side since most of the core of the family tree has lived on the North American continent since the early days of colonization and many of my ancestors had slaves working with them on their farms.

(I'm guessing you don't know or accept that it was not uncommon for white slave owners to father light-skinned children with their slaves and then those children "pass for white" and intermarry with other whites.)

In reality, "race" is an artificial concept anyway. It shouldn't make a difference for a Christian.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Moses and his wife were of two nations. What's the prob???

And son't even get me started in Solomon!! I'm sure one of his copious wives was probably not Hebrew.

7. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Many races can be white with blond hair. Germans are a vastly different race to Australians.

Ultimatley there are very few people who are not the product of an interracial marriage at some point.

So if there was damage, it has well and truly been done by now.

Personally I feel that it was reconciled inthe fact that all races can come to Jesus and be one.

8. Siegfried

Siegfried Member

bump

Just wanted to express my interest in seeing The Harvest address some of the issues that have been raised.

I hope we didn't scare you off by pointing out the flaws in your argument.

9. g_1933

g_1933 New Member

I was totally opposed to interracial union until I let the Lord deal with me about racism. We have a couple in our church who are faithfully serving the Lord, how wrong I would be to cause them to stumble over this (non) issue!

G