1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Iranians Would Welcome Airstrikes

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Revmitchell, May 29, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As Barack Obama and John McCain thrash it out over how they would deal with Iran, voices from inside Iran are weighing in with an unusual message: If the United States strikes hard and fast, we will support you.

Emissaries from inside Iran have been meeting with Iranian exiles in Europe, the United States, and elsewhere in recent weeks to deliver this provocative message, which they claim comes from pro-U.S. dissidents at the upper-most levels of the regime.

“U.S. airstrikes must be powerful and sustained enough to break the myth of the regime’s absolute power and reveal the weakness of the leadership,” a former official who traveled outside of Iran recently said.

The United States should target the office of Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, as well as the headquarters of the Revolutionary Guards Corp, the offices of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and that of his predecessor and rival, Mullah Hashemi-Rafsanjani, Iranian sources say.

The goal should be to carry out sustained airstrikes over a 48-72 hour period that would “decapitate” the regime.

Such a strike would send a clear message to the Iranian people and to disgruntled officials throughout Iran’s faction-ridden government that the United States is serious about confronting the regime over its bad behavior in Iraq and is willing to strike the leaders responsible for that behavior, the Iranian sources argue.

More Here

2. Cutter

Cutter New Member

I don't believe that America or it's leaders have a problem with the Iranian people. The problem is their leadership. This being the case, why then do we not help the people overthrow their leader and go after the ones that are speaking threats to the free world, thus avoiding all of the collateral damage, as in Iraq.

3. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I believe that is the jist of the report.

To overthrow a dictator, his "might" has to be defeated.:godisgood:

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would put an end to much of the terrorism in Iraq, Israel, and Lebonon

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We heard similar garbage when support was being worked up for our government's invasion of Iraq. If I recall correctly the main culprit was a chap named Chalabi who fed us a load of baloney.

I ain't buying it this time.

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

News max is generally rather credible..... but some of its artcles are so neo-con in the direction of accepting and reporting some info which seems purposely leaked out, which by design lead to sympathy or support of a particular action rather than giving indepth analysis of historical background and deep investigation into issues pro and con...... or establishing facts.

I do think there are some forming policy which are very interested in an aggressive action toward Iran, perhaps before the end of this year...... possibly pre election. Didn't Armandinjahd (sp?) make a visit to Rome..... or some kind of overture to the Vatican. A 'last rites' visit perhaps...... if he anticipates doom in his near future?

Our major networks are doing very well in keeping the campaigns going and our distraction and entertainment full......and shallow in information and issues. And it is so hard to know who and which sources are giving the true facts, and which, of that, is purposely slanted and one sided..... and which is purposely false and disinformation. Sometimes even the 'credible' sources get fooled and used.

The whole middle East is a hot bed ready to flame, it seems, and just who will start it and when is anybodies guess.

#6 windcatcher, May 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2008
  7. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So true, we have heard this lie before in a different dress. They [the Iraqi people] will welcome us with open arms and love us always.

Anyone who would believe a people would welcome being bombed ... well there is a bridge across the Chesapeake Bay I will gladly sell them.:laugh: :laugh:

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Yup, same song, different verse.

9. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, so if I'm seriously disgruntled with my national government should invite the US to bomb them??/ I'm not particularly enamoured by either of our political parties, but I'd rather have them than a "freedom" bomb form anyone.

I'd be VERY wary of helping anyone who wanted to violently overthrow their elected (maybe not as freely as we would like, but elected) government.

Regards
    Bob