1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Christmas Scriptural?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Bro. James, Nov 23, 2004.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I believe that too, if I understand you correctly. Then why limit the birth (or for that matter the resurrection) of Christ to just one day of the year? Should not we be dwelling on and celebrating these events in our hearts and lives daily as we live for Him?
    DHK

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

We should celebrate Easter every day of the year.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Jesus never advocated using a toilet. Looks like you've got some 'splaining to do.
    Me too, ecxept I use an artificial tree, a 7' noble fir. I got it on sale for $9 two years ago at a WalMart after Christmas sale.

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Since no one says that celebrating Christmas is mandatory for the Christian, this is a nonissue. Those of who choose to take part in Christmas traditions are by no means being forced to do so, nor are they forcing anyone else to do so. This is in accordance with scriptural teaching on each of us being convinced in his own mind. This includes those who choose not to take part in Christmas traditions also.
    If I remember correctly, this also corresponds with a major planetary conjuction (the star in the east) which would have been universally interpreted by astrologers of the day to signify the birth of a new king.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not? We can still live by faith the rest of the year with other aspects of the the Lord and His will moving in and out of the forefront of our lives at the leading of the Holy spirit.

We should if it were possible, but due to the limitations of being human most of us can only actively do and give our attention to one, maybe two and at most three things at the same time.
    Again when we live and walk by faith being led of the Spirit of God the serial events in our lives will glorify God.

1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God"

HankD

6. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Easter"--every day?

Why should we hail the goddess of Fertility--ever?

Easter&lt;&gt;&lt;&gt;&lt;&gt;&lt;&gt;&lt;&gt;&lt;&gt;&lt;&gt;&lt;&gt;&lt;&gt;Astoreth--all pagan in origin.

Selah,

Bro. James

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or give honor to Thor on this his day, the 5th day of the week known to the heathen as Thor's day (Thursday)?

Or perhaps you had you prayer meeting yesterday evening on Woden's day (Wednesday)?

HankD

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Or will gladly refer to the first month of the year named after the pagan god Janus.

Or go to church on the day of the Sun.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or name the planets of the solar system in honor of the gods (Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune).

Or name our kids after gods (Jason, Dianne, Jane, etc).

Or name our cars after gods (Mercury).

Or name our rockets in honor of the gods (Titan, Apollo).

Or name our cities in honor of the gods (Olympia, WA).

WHERE WILL IT END!!

[​IMG]

HankD

[ December 02, 2004, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: HankD ]

10. Bro. James

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the use of fighting it? Paganism is everywhere.

Many "little wrongs" do not make a "big wrong" right.

One cannot change how the world does--one can worship God in Spirit and in Truth.

Are we ready for the Bema Seat?

Selah,

Bro. James

11. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

If you don't celebrate and honor the birth of the God-Man, I don't see how.

Why in the world would you not celebrate the fact that Christ came into this world to save sinners. Is that not a pretty momentous occasion? Is that not something people need to hear about? You have, at this time of year, a built in audience for the gospel. The fact that some people misuse Christmas to celebrate paganism or materialism matters not. Some people misuse many things. Don't misuse it. Use it to honor and celebrate Christ's coming into this world.

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am.

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's right...
    1 Corinthians 5:9-10
    9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
    10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

company with:
    4874 sunanamignumi {soon-an-am-ig'-noo-mee}
    Meaning: 1) to mix up together 2) to keep company with, be intimate with one

HankD

14. mioque

mioque New Member

"Is observing Jesus' birthday commanded?"
    "
    We've got 4 'biographies' of Jezus in the New Testament. 2 talk about his birth. I'd say this is a clear case of mixed signals. ;)

15. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

You crack me up, Mioque.

Lacy

16. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Suppose 'thorsday' was a day that originally was named to honor the pagan diety 'Thor'. Perhaps it is impractical for us to rename all the days to erase the pagan heritage that our calandar system shares with the rest of the unsaved world... but should we then, say, hang hammers from the mantle every 'thorsday' in honor of the Carpenter?

17. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have heard this complaint many times, yet in my study of the word "Easter", I continually get back to William Tyndale being the one who coined the word - just as he coined many words that did not exist before in English. And, he used the word synonymously with Passover - another word he coined. I have yet to find anyone who offers anything more substantial than similar spelling as proof of the claim you have made. If you have any proof that is better than the similar spelling argument, then please provide it for us so we can check it out for ourselves.

18. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    oops. double post.

19. Bro. James

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Origin of Easter--

The references I looked at made a connection between the ancient Assyrian and Babylonian idol goddess, Ishtar; also the words: Ostern, Astarte, Ashtaraoth. Also connections to Eastre or Estera. See: http://www.bibleanswer.com/easter2.htm

Selah,

Bro. James

20. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

I avoid to debate on this topic about Christmas.

Of course, I already know Christmas comes from pagan.

I think, many Christians seem not realized, it comes from pagan.

Should world removed or banned Christmas as holiday?

Hardly.

Should Church stop celebrate Christmas for Jesus?

Hardly.

Both Christmas and Easter come from pagan.

But, both are mostly effect useful for the gospel to reach people for salvation. More people came and realized what Christmas or Easter mean to them on salvation than anytime of the year.

Churches should invite lost people come for Christmas service, let them hear the gospel, what Christmas mean to them.

Every pastors ought preaching during Christmas season to people by emphasis on Jesus Christ for salvation all the time, of every year.

We have no choice on Christmas & Easter, but it makes us think and remember what Jesus Christ did for us. Comparing with Lord's supper service help us to remember what Jesus Christ did for us.

If suppose, without Christmas & Easter, how shall people understand the gospel of Jesus Christ & salvation?

Other thing, I think, I better telling you something about pagan.

Pagan is very, very old religion, back to Nimrod's time in Genesis 10:8-10; 11:1-9 shortly after flood in year around 2000 B.C. Pagan was part of Babylon system.

I aware Christmas & Easter is very hotly debate among Christians today, -should we observing it, or we don't obeserving it.

Interesting, there are three major holidays, that three groups celebrate this month, Jews celebrate Hanukkah, Christians(Christianity) celebrate Christmas, and Africans celebrate their own holiday within one day wich before or after Christmas. I forget what the name of holiday, Africans celebrate. If you know the name of holday, Africans celebrate this month, then tell us the name of their holiday. I sure, some of you know what I am talking about. Strange, three groups celebrating their own holiday on this the very same month! Why this month?

Throughout in the Old Testament talking lot about Baal worshipping. This comes from Babylon of Genesis 11. Many times in the Old Testament, God warned his people, do not worship idols. Often O.T. telling us, God's people already invloved Baal worshipping.

During 400 years of Silence after the last prophet(I think last one was Zechariah), There were four great empires controled over the world(not whole world, largely parts of Middle East include Europe) after Daniel's period- Babylon Empire around 520 B.C. to 420 B.C. then, Assyrian Empire - around 420 B.C. to 350 B.C. then, Greece Empire around 350 B.C. to around 200 B.C. caused by Alexander the Great. Then Roman Empire around 200 B.C. to Calvary(it divided into fallen empire around 400 A.D.). It mentioned from Daniel chapter 2 of King Nebuchadnezzar's vision of the statute.

The history of four empires were influenced by pagan so heavily.

Jews were actual invloved pagan so heavily during in that period.

Revelation chapter 17 and 18 mentioned about Babylon. Babylon is still alive, exist, and very activity. Babylon is very evil spirit world system. Also, it is very old religion back around year 2000 B.C. start with Babel the Tower of Genesis chapter 11.

Notice, Rev. 18:4 says, God warns us, that we must come out of her. I am no doubt, MANY Christians(include baptists) sorry to saying it, are now invloved Babylon system. How can we are realized that we are invlove with Babylon system? How can we get out of it?

I think, so many Christians seem not realize that they are invlove Babylon system. Also, I think Christians seem think nothing and not hurt to them, as what they are doing in the world today.

Difficult to explaining to you how would we be realized that we are already in Babylon system.

I have been researching on New World Order, Masonary, New Age Order. I realized that these are heavily link with Babylon.

You should be aware that Washington D.C. is heavily influenced by Masonary. President George W. Bush is member of Masonary, and Skull -n- Bone from Yale University.

I suggest you, read more information about Masonary, New World Order, Skull -n- Bone at www.cuttingedge.org

I am off the track on this topic. But I want to telling you about pagan & Babylon. I think it is serious matter to us, that we ought to know and what's going on. What if we remain in this system, God will judge us (Rev. 18:4).

I want to telling you something about New World Order.

I realized Sept 11 event was caused by New World Order's plan. I believe it is the purpose to increase stricter security, and changing laws and times according Dan. 7:25. The plot of Sept 11 leading us toward the coming of persecution.

I would not be surprised what will be happen between year 2005 to 2008 during Bush's second term. I expect something will be big. We better be prepared for it.

Christians saying, so what, no deal. We are already saved through faith by the grace. We only trust in Jesus Christ, no matter what happen to us according to Romans 8:31-39- as what many Christians saying base upon security salvation.

I think, Bible warns us that we should NOT be ignorant of Satan's plot - 2 Cor. 2:11. I fear that many Christians might already deceiving by Satan's plot, for the purpose to leade them to everlasting fire.

You think I am silly and no sense to make post on this about Babylon.

I believe Satan uses paganism to draw Christians compromising with them such like as observing Christmas, Easter, even, attending service on Sunday also and others . Long as they seem think these are nothing wrong with them.

I am NOT saying all Christians include me who are currently observing Christmas & Easter are on the way to hell. God knows our hearts, and more important that we have good relationship with Christ.

But, wait a minute. These seem little bit for us, do not bother us long as we still observe holidays. I think Satan putting lot of worldly stuffs('Materialism')leading us into idols, can lead us turn away from God by little step to step.

I believe, long as Satan continues adding so much worldly stuffs as Christians compromising with them till later they compeletly compromising with Babylon system. This is the event of apostasy period, we are in right now.

I strong believe, when most Christians are falling away completely as the revival fade away almost completely. Then Satan shall revealed and to deceive the world by use mark of the beast, changed times and laws, could lead them to force worshipping Satan or receive mark of the beast.

Satan's biggest plot for Christians: Getting all Christians in hell many as He want!!

I am no kidding, I am serious!

Honest, I admit telling you, I do like Christmas. I still love looking beautiful lights around trees, houses outside as I drive around. I love wonderful memories of Christmas in my lifetime. Also, Christmas makes me so inspiration. I feeling like I am already compromising with Babylon!!! Serious! I am not kidding with you!

I do not know how long shall I decide finally to stop observing Christmas & Easter. I know both are reason for Jesus Christ.

But, Early Christians do not celebrate their holidays, because holidays were not yet exist in their time. They praised to God for Jesus Christ, what Christ did for them - salvation. They only observing Lord's supper make them remember what Christ done for them.

Interesting, I did reasearch on sabbath during Early Church history. Many Early Christians refused observe Sunday worshipping. They kept Sabbath faithfully. Sunday wroshipping was founded by Constantine during year around 325 A.D. Many Early Christians refused observing Sunday worshipping service. Many were persecuted and killed for that. Roman Catholic tried to draw Christians to accept Sunday worshipping service. Many were stubborn. For few hundreds of years Christians were suffering perscution for refuse compromising with pagans, many were killed for it. Then, around 18th Century, the persecution upon Christians in Western Europe countries, and America started to slowing down. LOng as they started to adopted pagan. Dind't you know October 31 was Reformation Day founded by Martin Luther nailed post on the door list 95 things against Catholic?

Now, everything see quiet around us in America and western Europe countries. My opinion is, New World Order trying to make Christians zzzzzz [​IMG] To blind them of their evil plot to convice them to compromising or adopt system, for the purpose to get them in hell many as they can that is Satan's plot. That would be in the great tribulation.

I am not kidding, I am serious! [​IMG]

I warning you, all of you better be wake up and not be ignorant of Satan's plot to deceive you, and be prepare for the coming terrible persecution.

Late Corrie ten Boom warned, America will be the next country to face terrible persecution. Because she already experince suffering persecution under Nazi at concentration camp during World War II. I agree with her. Let you know that she was posttrib, not pretrib.

I urge you, be prepare and be brave to face coming persecution.

You seem it is nothing.

I remember few years ago. Two teenger boys with machine guns, they went into Columbine(lousy spelling) High School in Colorado around April because of Hitler's birthday. They killed students. While two boys running around with machine guns. Few students hide from them, they heard boys told to a girl student, "Do you believe in God?" She replied to them, "yes" with brave. They shot her to death. WOW! :eek:

Interesting I read Church history. Roman Catholic persecuted Christians(Protestants, Anabaptists, Purtians). While they percute them. They forced them, to admit that Virgin Mary is 'Savior' and called them, 'heretic'. Many refused to deny Christ, many were killed for Christ's sake.

I warn you, WHAT IF.... one day, police or soldier come to your door, and ask you to accept Messiah or receive the mark of Beast. In your shoe, you saying to me now, 'I am not fear or scare to death, I have confidence in Christ no matter what happen to me.' Well, maybe you are wrong. What IF you face police or soldier right NOW, no doubt, you will feel FEAR or SCARE to telling 'no' to them for worshipping or receive the mark, because they would about going to shot you to death. Never know what if you feel fear or scare being to face them for death, you might ended up to accept it, to saved your life. But, later you will be sorry being decived and will be end up in everlasting fire with your body and SOUL - Rev. 14:9-12. Matt. 24:24 warns us, Christ knows, elects would be deceived - POSSIBLE.

Forgive me, I am OFF THE TRACK on this topic. But I really want to telling you something about Christmas, it is serious matter, it relates with Babylon system, many Christians seem not realize, they already invlove with them - Rev. 18:4. That why God warns us that we must come out of her(Babylon system).

The question is, how can we know that we are already inloved with Babylon? Ask the Holy Spirit's guide you, you will able to understand. Secondly, how can we get out of it? Ask the Holy Spirit's guide you. Because God does NOT want you to be deceived and go to hell - 2 Peter 3:9. God wants all of you to come out if and save your soul. That why God concerns of your soul, because He loves you so much!!!!

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!