1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Enforcing Immigration Laws being "Un Christ Like?"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JesusFan, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

We have PLENTY of laws. What we need is some enforcement.

2. mandym

mandym New Member

I agree if we enforce the laws on the books we will be fine with the exception of adding the fence and border patrol all the way across.

3. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Have I got this right? You seem to be saying that the sewage coming up in the streets, and similar poor conditions, affect Third World countries because there is false religion there.

I understand that over 60% of the population of Utah are Mormons, so is there sewage flowing in the streets of Salt Lake City? Is Japan (where less than 1% of the population are Christians) marked by "Third-worldliness"?

A country's spiritual welfare cannot be measured by its standards of finance and sanitation!

But I may well have understood your point. :)

#23 David Lamb, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
  4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I agree with you to a point. The problem is that those who are in power to enforce them have too much digression in how they are enforced. The laws need to be made absolute to curb the corruption within the government and made with penalty of imprisonment for not following them. Also the local law enforcement should also be required to carry them out with the same possible punishments if they fail as the federal law enforcement. All illegls should be deported after they pay their fines and or serve their prison time. So no it is not un-Christian to enforce immigration laws for legal and illegals.
    Here are the current laws;

Illegal Immigration Laws

Most Americans know our basic laws regarding illegal immigration. It is illegal to enter the United States without permission. The first time an illegal immigrant is caught in the US it is a misdemeanor civil offense. This is because we want to be able to quickly return illegal aliens to Mexico or Canada, when they are caught at the border without the rigors of a jury trial.

After the first offense, being caught a second time is a felony!

It is also against the law to overstay a visa issued by the US Government and illegal for an employer to knowingly hire illegal immigrants.

It is Illegal To Bring Illegal Aliens Into US under current Laws
    It is unlawful for any person to bring aliens into the United States. Fine: $3,000 for each alien (Sec. 273. [8 U.S.C. 1323])

It is Illegal To Harbor Illegal Immigrants
    . It is unlawful to bring in or harbor illegal aliens. Fine: $3,000 for each alien. (Sec. 273. [8 U.S.C. 1323] )

It is Illegal To Employ, Recruit, or Refer Illegal Aliens for Jobs
    . It is unlawful for a person or other entity- to employ or recruit or refer for a fee an illegal alien in the United States. Commercial advantage or private financial gain offender can be fined under title 18, US code, imprisoned for not more than 10 years, or both. ...Any person who, during any 12-month period, knowingly hires for employment at least 10 individuals with actual knowledge that the individuals are aliens described in sub paragraph (B) shall be fined under title 18, United States Code, or imprisoned for not more than 5 years, or both. (Sec. 274A. [8 U.S.C. 1324a] )

It is Illegal To Forge Documents for Illegal Immigrants or violate Identity Theft Laws
    . It is unlawful for any person or entity knowingly- to forge documents. Legal documents must be presented when entering the US.
    ( Sec. 274C. [8 U.S.C. 1324c] )
    ...Fine: not less than $250 and not more than $2,000 for each document that is the subject of a violation.
    ...Previous violation: not less than $2,000 and not more than $5,000 for each document that is the subject of a violation.

US Laws Declare it is Illegal To Aid or Abet Illegal Immigrants
    . It is unlawful for anyone to aid or assist aliens to enter the United States. Penalty: fined under title 18, United States Code, or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both. ( Sec. 277. [8 U.S.C. 1327] )

LEGAL Immigrants Must Know English, US History, US Laws, and Principles
    . No person shall be naturalized as a citizen of the United States who cannot demonstrate: ... An understanding of the English language, including the ability to read, write and and speak words in ordinary usage in the English language.
    ... A knowledge and understanding of history, and of the principles and form of government, of the United States. ( Sec. 312. [8 U.S.C. 1423] )

Legal Immigrants Must Display Moral Character and No Crime Record
    . Requirements as to residence, good moral character, attachment to the principles of the constitution, and favorable disposition to the Untied States. ( Sec. 316. [8 U.S.C. 1427] )

Legal Immigrants Must Be Investigated and Screened for past crimes and terrorism links
    . Prior to a person becoming naturalized, or an employee of the service, a personal investigation is required of the individual applying.
    ( Sec. 335. [8 U.S.C. 1446] )

It is Illegal For Illegal Aliens to Bypass Medical and Physical Exams for illnesses and infectious diseases
    . Physical and Mental Examinations are required.
    Aliens arriving at ports of the United States will be detained for the purpose of determining whether they are afflicted with any of the diseases or mental or physical defects or disabilities set forth in section 212(a), or whenever the Attorney General has received information showing that any aliens are coming from a country or have embarked at a place where any of such diseases are prevalent or epidemic.
    ( Sec. 232 [8 U.S.C. 1252] )

Illegal Aliens Deported are ineligible for readmission to US Under Current Laws
    . Distressed Aliens:
    Any alien who falls into distress or who needs public aid from causes arising prior to his/her entry is desirous of being so removed. Any alien so removed shall be ineligible to apply for or receive a visa or other documentation for readmission, or to apply for admission to the United States except with the prior approval of the Attorney General.
    ( Sec. 250. [8 U.S.C. 1260] )

It is Illegal for Illegal Immigrants to possess a firearm or ammunition
    . It is unlawful for an alien illegally in the United States or an alien admitted to the United States under a non immigrant visa to legally receive or possess firearms and/or ammunition. ( [18 U.S.C. 922(g) and (n), 27 CFR 478.32] )

#24 freeatlast, Nov 2, 2011
  5. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

If you will recall, I never said it was. I think we are more in agreement than not on this issue.

The sticking point between us is what we as Christians will do with them now that they are here. Avoiding them because they are illegal isn't going to solve anything.

6. mandym

mandym New Member

Sure it does. It motivates them to go home.Which has been quite significant since the economy tanked. The only thing keeping the majority of the rest of them here is the sanctuary cities and benefits they can muster up.

7. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I was speaking of avoiding them in ministry.

8. mandym

mandym New Member

Oh...I have never heard of anyone doing that.

9. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have I got this right? You seem to be saying that the sewage coming up in the streets, and similar poor conditions, affect Third World countries because there is false religion there.

The idea here is that countries who refuse the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob..., and worship their idols..., find themselves in 3rd rate conditions.

10. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

Is Enforcing Immigration Laws being "Un Christ Like?

"Is Enforcing Immigration Laws being "Un Christ Like?"

NO! Absolutely not.

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Let me ask you a question. If a person, a real citizen, had broken the law and was being ignored for years by the police should they then be given some kind of immunity if years later they are caught? I say the answer is no. All that does is encourage crime if the person can stay free for a certain amount of time.

I certainly agree that our government has done a very poor job of policing the illegal problem and has even been violated the law by turning their heads on many who are here today that have set up households. However I do not see how that changes the issue. They are still illegals. They still need to go. They knew they were violating the law when they came and they got a free ride for a time. Now the time is up and they need to return to their own country after they pay the fines and do the time. I would make a public announcement and give them 90 days to leave on their own or risk arrest and confinement if they do not leave and I would enforce it with our military as well as local police in a nation wide drag net arresting illegals and their employers as well or anyone who trys to protect them.

By the way the Christian thing is to obey the law, not seek a way around it.

#31 freeatlast, Nov 2, 2011