1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured is FreeMasonry a Cult?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think many really care anymore. At least I hope not. Too much real work for the Church to get tangled in distraction.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.emfj.org/dbr.htm

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.emfj.org/dbr.htm

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I could respond by copying a page (pro-masonic page) that would counter this understanding of the degrees - but surely all here can look for themselves (and I don't necessarily believe the pro-masonic stuff anyway). And looking, we'd choose one to believe and one to dismiss.

But, as I stated earlier, I'm not really attached to the fraternity. I believe it a wast of time and resource - and I believe much of good meaning Christians are wasting time and resource. If it is benign, leave it alone. If it is cultic - share the gospel with its members.

Read 1 Cor 5:12 and decide.

#25 JonC, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
  6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not my thread - I was just making a comment in passing.

in Christ,

Bob

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know what that means.

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, posted before I finished reading (edited thereafter).

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me too (just got stuck here) :smilewinkgrin:

10. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

All right, I will be more precise. There are 21 active deacons in my church. I know all of them very well. Four of them (19%) are Masons.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a shame. But that does not add up to a lot in a lot of churches.

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My experience is that Rev is wrong. But much of the symbolism of Masonry is what the Mason makes of it (it is and always has been up to interpretation – by design). In other words, strictly speaking the interpretation that he comes up with (or derives from others) is legitimate if the mason actually holds that view. Likewise, other’s views are just as correct. It is, in that respect, a very humanistic approach to common ground. (In other words, don’t expect to find religion, salvation, or absolute truth in a Masonic lodge – it’s strictly about common ground and working with diverse beliefs. That's why religion and politics are not discussed).

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Freemasonry is the epitome of what Satan being deemed an angel of light is all about. No believer has any business messing with such blatantly, open Satanism. The symbolism alone should make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Paganism at every turn.

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    unless you believe what the latest survey says?

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ellen White claimed God gave her a vision of what was going on there and strongly condemned the Masonic groups as well as other forms of secret societies -- but naming specifically the Masons. It was even more popular to belong to such groups in the 19th century than for Baptists to be members of it at the end of the 20th century.

in Christ,

Bob

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's like me receiving a vision that a car driving towards a cliff with no brakes will go over the edge.

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I keep my visions to myself.

18. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Just read the introduction found in the Masonic edition of the Bible! I have read it. It will tell you that Masonism is a superior light to Christianity and that Christ is but one of many great prophets no less but no greater than the others. It will tell you that the Koran is just as suitable as the Bible for use in Moslem countries.

Have you ever had a joint funeral with the Masons? I have! The Masonic brethren and their master showed up with myself and just the immediate family. I preceded them and when it came to singing the one and only song none would join in. Their master went on to proclaim a universal salvation message which is consistent with their faith as they regard all religions that confess a god to be equal to Christianity.

Those who believe Masonism is not a cult should be suspect as cultic themselves because Masonism denies the true God of the Bible, denies the Bible is the only and/or final written revelation from God, denies Christ is the Son of God but merely a prophet no less but no greater than Mohammed or any other world religion prophet, and that Christianity is a lessor light than Masonism.

19. Gup20

Gup20 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1Ki 11:1 Now King Solomon loved many foreign women along with the daughter of Pharaoh: Moabite, Ammonite, Edomite, Sidonian, and Hittite women,
    2 from the nations concerning which the LORD had said to the sons of Israel, “You shall not associate with them, nor shall they associate with you, for they will surely turn your heart away after their gods.” Solomon held fast to these in love.
    3 He had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines, and his wives turned his heart away.
    4 For when Solomon was old, his wives turned his heart away after other gods; and his heart was not wholly devoted to the LORD his God, as the heart of David his father had been.
    5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians and after Milcom the detestable idol of the Ammonites.
    6 Solomon did what was evil in the sight of the LORD, and did not follow the LORD fully, as David his father had done.
    7 Then Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the detestable idol of Moab, on the mountain which is east of Jerusalem, and for Molech the detestable idol of the sons of Ammon.
    8 Thus also he did for all his foreign wives, who burned incense and sacrificed to their gods.
    9 Now the LORD was angry with Solomon because his heart was turned away from the LORD, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice,
    10 and had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods; but he did not observe what the LORD had commanded.
    11 So the LORD said to Solomon, “Because you have done this, and you have not kept My covenant and My statutes, which I have commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom from you, and will give it to your servant.
    12 “Nevertheless I will not do it in your days for the sake of your father David, but I will tear it out of the hand of your son.
    13 “However, I will not tear away all the kingdom, but I will give one tribe to your son for the sake of My servant David and for the sake of Jerusalem which I have chosen.”

Solomon was completely corrupted by false gods in his later years. He built high altars for all of his foreign wives' gods... even to Molech, and Asheroth, and Baal. The hexegram is a symbol of witchcraft (hence the word "hex"). It has never, ever been a Jewish symbol. The only place it appears in Jewish literature is in the Kabbalah (Jewish mysticism and witchcraft). The blue hexegram on the flag of Israel was done as a curse on the people of Israel - it was not and never has been the star of David.

The upside-down pentagram is the symbol for Satan. It is the baphomet.
    [​IMG]

Do this: Go to YouTube and look for TheFuelProject and watch their series "Know your Enemy" http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCED9C361662866BD

He does an excellent job tracing the Babylonian Mystery Religion throughout all of time. Free Masonry is absolutely Satanic.

20. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well guppy, we don't always agree with each other but we certainly do on this. Yes, go to this website and check out this extremely well done and comprehensive presentation.