1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is God's Sovereign really absolute control of everything?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by ILUVLIGHT, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Dale

Dale New Member

RC,
    If I may pipe in here, the problem that I see is that since God must open mens hearts to the truth, I don't see what can be accomplished by continued discussion like this. I am not saying that you should do it all but at some point, you have to realize that people like these has refused to admit his own total depravity. He will not seek after God until God opens his eyes, I think that there comes a point that you do not answera fool in his folly

2. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

The reason for that refusal to admit to Total depravity is because you and those who hold your position have not proved that such exists!

The onus of proof is on your side because you are the ones who hold that doctrine.

You Claim God, we Claim God. You see man as totally depraved, we do not, so who is wrong?

3. Dale

Dale New Member

True that we all claim to believe that we are true to the Bible. When we get to heaven we will all find out where we are right andwhere we are wrong. I expect to find many areas of error in my life. I don't think that this one will be it though.

4. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

5. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Not all saved men and women are call on to be teachers of the faith. This board should not be the opinions of those who are young in faith or understanding. Students learn from able teachers.

When to teachers conflict in teaching then the student must study the Word and see who is correct. Many instructors in righteousness simply ignore verses like Genesis 1:26,27; 5:1; 9:6, John 1:9 and James 4:9.

From Adam to Noah even to to Book of James God is saying that human sinners are not Totally Depraved, but are rather created after the likness of Jesus Christ.

This being a truth of Scripture, God calls men to repent as in Jesus' words in Matthew 4:17. Yes, humans are tainted by Original Sin/depravity but the Holy Spirit calls sinners to believe when they hear the Gospel of their salvation. Some sinners know more Gospel than you and I think they do. They point out when Christians claim to be Christian and notice if we sin in their presence.
    Sinners have a mind, conscience, will and understanding of some truth, because with the aid of the Spirit they are enlightened to His claims.

When sinners hear the truth they will either receive and accept it or receive and discard it. It is our ministry to witness and to be instrumental in reconciling them to the faith of Christ. [II Corinthians 5:20]

There is never a time in human history where God said by His action or decree that: "Well, this making of humans after the likeness of God just is not working out. It's a failure."

He always leaves a light in the mind and heart of every sinner, and he or she knows that there is a supernatural being. This light is pinpointed in John 1:9.

Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, St. James, John Calvin, Dr. Billy Graham, you and I and our neighbors are all created 'in the image of God.'
    Do not undercut the blessings that God has infused into all of us whether lost or saved.

If we were Totally Depraved no one would ever be able to come to Jesus, because we would be minus a mind, conscience or will with which to relate to this living God who we know in our hearts and lives.

6. rc

rc New Member

No, you will not answer it because you can't. You just proved my point... You like to talk big but when you are called to the floor to "obey" exegetical laws you show your ineptitude. It's not that I don't listen Wes. I study everything you say. The problem is they are without presuppostions, weighed and found wanting. That's what schooling is all about. You learn Greek and Hebrew and the rules of the language define what you can take out of the text and prevent you in reading into it. That's why when I finish my Doctorate's, I am starting a school for children to learn Greek/Latin.... So like in the good ol' days of the puritans the pew bibles will be GREEK.

7. rc

rc New Member

No man seeks after God Ray NO NOT ONE.
    Man WAS made (past tense) in the image of God... NOT ANYMORE Ray... Seth and the generations after where after... ADAMS image... fallen..

The light in man is NOT GOODNESS or rightousness (secular humanism) but man in his hatred toward God, because they want to be FREE from Him : Supress the truth in UNRIGHTIOUSNESS. Showing in their nature will NEVER choose Him... thus
    NO MAN SEEKS AFTER GOD.. NO NOT ONE...

"quote by Ray
    If we were Totally Depraved no one would ever be able to come to Jesus," ...
    Good Ray, your now quoting Jesus.. no man is ABLE to come to me...nice fact.. and true.. your getting it ..

Dale... like talking to a brick uneducated wall.

8. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

AND THE PEWS WILL BE EMPTY!

9. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

A foolish supposition!

Why don't the scriptures say the same about CAIN and ABEL that they do about SETH? You do remember who Cain and Abel were don't you?

10. rc

rc New Member

My people parrish for a lack of knowledge.
    2 Timothy 4:3 3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,

Where are most of the people going to now... the mega churches?... the uh humm... Arminian churches? ... yep

11. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

When you start puting up sound teaching I will listen! But you ain't got it yet!

12. rc

rc New Member

Scripture doesn't say, it's inferred by the image of Seth... Wes... Sorry your wrong. And you still didn't refute my scripture?... isn't it getting embarrassing? NO MAN SEEKS AFTER GOD, NO NOT ONE... not Ray not Wes, not their friends, not family, not men in foxholes, not nice people, not ONE !

13. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

That scripture was speaking about the seed of Jacob! Read the context!

14. rc

rc New Member

Wes... thinking of you...
    1 Timothy 6:3-5 3 If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound(1 )words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, 4 he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, 5 and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth,

15. rc

rc New Member

You don't believe me, because YOU ARE NOT MY SHEEP! The natural man does not know the things of the spirit and CAN NOT. No man seeks after God, no not one.

16. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Thanks for judging me, now crawl back into your hole in the ground!

17. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

You must think that by oft repeating something it becomes true! Post the actual scripture in its context!

18. rc

rc New Member

I figured if I put things in context, that might confuse you. Since your used to fractured thought, I'd make you feel at home.

19. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Try it, you might be surprized!

20. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Wes;
    It's really intresting isn't it. When someone like RC can't refute your testimony he attempts to slander you by what he himself is most guilty of. He plays with words more than any Calvinist I've ever met. Yet he accuses you of it :D
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]