1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Hunting Ok by GOD???

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Everyone to music4Him's house for breakfast this Saturday. YUM YUM.

Bro Tony

2. genesis12

genesis12 Member

:laugh: :thumbs: :tongue3: :applause:

3. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

From inquiring minds profile

May I suggest you find a local church and learn something.

4. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

I have yet to see any scripture as to why hunting, even for fun, is wrong. I hunt for a variety of reasons...the meat is a bonus.

As for crawling around in cammo whispering with a high powered rifle to bring down a deer that doesn't have a chance...maybe you've never sat in a tree stand, as motionless as possible, with all the scent remover money can buy, holding your breath and still have a buck 100 yards away stop in his tracks and turn and look right at you...I hardly have a chance!

Aaron "the deer slayer"

Oh, and I don't waste the meat...I have a freezer full and, Lord willing, will add some more on Monday as doe season begins. We've made fried tenderloin, stew, and jerky. All good. Of course, Missouri has a nice program for hunters who don't want the meat to bring the carcass to a participating processor who will process it and donate it to a local food pantry.

5. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

So Christ's death wasn't enough in this case?

6. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

I'm with Genesis 12. Killing anything is hardly a sport. It isn't necessary in the USA. Reach down in the frozen food bay and grab an exposed electrical wire on purpose, while retrieving that box of frozen fish. Challenge your friends to see who can hold the wire the longest. Practice handing off the fish before you go down. That's sport.

7. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

Hmm...while the offer is tempting, I think I'll stick to my hunting plans for Monday. Granted, this might seem more sporting to some of you as I will be using a black powder rifle on Monday which means you have to get much closer to the animal and you only get one shot. (well, you can shoot more, but generally the deer will not wait around for you to clean and reload)