1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IS it this hard to gotto heaven???

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by benz, Mar 18, 2005.

1. benz

benz New Member

Hi,
    I was searching bible.ca
    it states you have to be baptised to be 'completly' saved... and when you are baptised is when you are forgiven of all sins??

Is this true?? << according to scripture??
    they also state if you have even 1 sin and die..without repentence you gotto hell???

Didnt Jesus die to save those who accept him of all past, present and future sins??

http://www.bible.ca/interactive/salvation-interactive.htm

..help!!..this site makes it madd hard to go to heaven from what Ive read... I thought those who accept Christ become Sons of God..and thus he will show you ever lasting mercies and forgivness??? Are they misquoting the verse where Jesus states while they call me Lord Lord I shall tell them depart from me wicked people????

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Ben, please stop reading that page. Scripture does NOT say you have to be baptized to be saved. Only Jesus saves. Baptism is a sign to the world of a change in your heart. Jesus tells us to confess him before man and baptism is just one way we can do that. [​IMG]

3. williemakeit

williemakeit New Member

IS it this hard to gotto heaven??? Depends on how well you can walk a straight and narrow path.

Is baptism necessary for salvation? Not according to the Bible I read. Take Diane's advice--stay away from those kind of places.

Some on those sites (even the atheist sites) can debate their positions just as well those that are wrong on this board can. [​IMG]

Of course, you gotta love those on this board. [​IMG]

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    benz, you have fallen into a Campbellite rabbit hole (and a deep one at that.)

Run, do not walk, far, far away from men who make the grace of god dependent on outward observances.

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Salvation is a free gift that isn't taken back, lest the cross be emptied of its power. Those whom Jesus is speaking of in this verse are those who 'play church' but don't surrender their heart and accept the free gift of salvation. A true Christian builds his house on Jesus and not the teachings of a religion or some television preacher.

Some believe, but mere belief isn't enough.
    No one can live a sinless life. Only Jesus was perfect and sinless yet He paid for all your sins; past, present and future once, on Calvary.

6. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Well stated dianetavegia!!

7. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

The grace of God is given freely but as Jesus said to Nicodemus:

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. To be born again means to change your life. If someone radically changes their life it is obvious to those around them. Too many today teach and prech an easy Christian life. Nothing was further from the life of Christ and the desciples. The same is expected of us.

It is difficult to enter into the kingdom of Heaven. Living a Christian life is far more difficult than walking down the aisle and shaking hands with the pastor:

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    Mat 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

A true Christian is a different person than someone who is not a Christian. The requirement for us to show our faith is given a few verses later in Mathew.

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

8. mcgyver

mcgyver New Member

Hi Benz,

Luke 23:42-43 (NKJV)

Thief: "Lord remember me when You come into Your kingdom".

Jesus: "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise".

Question: What chance did that thief have to come down off the cross and be baptized with water?

I'll give you a hint: A nail in each hand, one in the foot.........