1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it Time for Female Pastors?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TCGreek, Aug 5, 2011.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Jesus, the leader of leaders, applied the verb cognitive of the Greek term you cited to himself.

I'm convinced that we have the wrong concept of biblical leadership in most of our churches.

2. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Jesus as the Son was the Servant of the Father, following the leadership of His Father in the plan of man's salvatin.

Yes we have the wrong concept of leadership for most of our churches, especially if one believes deacons are to be spiritual leaders, by what their purpose in acts as appointed to wait tables shows the idea behind it. Christ is the leader of the church, the pastor/teacher is just that the Spiritual teacher of the church as the Pastor. God appointed men to be Pastors/Teachers who are responsible to teach the flock of God. Women were not intended to be in Authority over a man nor to teach men, therfore not the pasrtor of the church, but sh has and should teach children or other women. That was the question of the OP.

3. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

A simple concordance will not always show the actual Greek word in the text, but rather, the common stem of that word.

It pays to look up the word in a Greek manuscript to see if it is masculine, feminine, or neuter. All Greek words have a gender that makes it rather easy to see if the writer was speaking of a male or female, or if the term was left neutral so that it qualified both.

And, another brief lesson:

#103 glfredrick, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011
  4. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Well, I'm content with our differences.

5. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Well, the ones I have observed preaching/teaching/leading/pastoring sure were. Very qualified.

I'm on a library computer right now, but when I have more time I'll copy&past some support for women in spiritual leadership.

I'm not advocating that women be the norm, only that in some situations it is warranted.

6. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

The issue has NOTHING to do with qualifications and everything to do with God's hierarchy.

Rebellion against God's sovereignty can and often does also include rebellion against God's hierarchy, which is why anthropologically-centered congregations also seem (generally) to have no problem with women pastors. As long as we are all "choosing" why not "choose" a woman?

7. Crucified in Christ

Crucified in Christ New Member

I could not agree more!

8. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I am not kidding.

Are you kidding about Capitol Hill Baptist Church being in sin/rebellion/decline/apostasy?

Just for having a woman on their pastoral staff?

9. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So they were the husband of one wife and as ADAM (man) was the head of the family and spiritual things were they after the order of Creation man having been created first, after all that is what Paul said of pastors qualifications.