1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Oprah's A course in Miracle New Age?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Logos1560, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Copied from an email newsletter I receive:

* Oprah Winfrey will be letting out all the stops on her XM Satellite Radio program this coming year. Beginning January 1, 2008, “Oprah & Friends” will offer a year-long course on the New Age teachings of A Course in Miracles. A lesson a day throughout the year will completely cover the 365 lessons from the Course in Miracles “Workbook.” For example, Lesson #29 asks you to go through your day affirming that “God is in everything I see.” Lesson #61 tells each person to repeat the affirmation, “I am the light of the world.” Lesson #70 teaches the student to say and believe, “My salvation comes from me.”

By the end of the year, “Oprah & Friends” listeners will have completed all of the lessons laid out in the Course in Miracles Workbook. Those who finish the course will have a wholly redefined spiritual mindset—a New Age worldview that includes the belief that there is no sin, no evil, no devil, and that God is “in” everyone and everything. A Course in Miracles teaches its students to
    rethink everything they believe about God and life. The Course Workbook bluntly states: “This is a course in mind training” and is dedicated to “thought reversal.”

If the information above about this course is accurate, believers may need to be aware of its possible errors.

2. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

absolutely she is...

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

4. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Great, she's going to convert her legions of couchwhales into new age hippies.

I think I'm going to leave America now.

5. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Just what we needed.
    I don't care for Oprah, to put it nicely.

I think humanism is a better term for it though.

6. Beth

Beth New Member

Thank you for posting this

I thank you for posting this. While in Illinois witnessing to unsaved family, Oprah's gospel was frequently discussed. I appreciate the additional information.

Does anyone have a link to her "channelling"? I had read somewhere that she has a "spirit guide" speak to her....?

7. faith.hope.love

faith.hope.love New Member

Oprah is going way downhill... I used to watch her but she started having shows on horrible topics (even getting mad at a father for not being accepting of his child's decision to be a transvestite - sp?). I've pretty much boycotted that show. She is going to lead many astray... I hope others realize it.

8. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Sounds like Oprah is starting her own religion. Her many guilible and easliy led viewers will follow.

Entirely false statements.

She's mixing different beliefs to make her own religion. But, her religion is rooted in Buddhism and new age boloney.

Buddhists say that salvation comes from within, through one's own efforts. Which is false. We cannot save ourselves.

This is convenience and people like to make up their own ways, rather than follow God's ways.

#8 The Scribe, Jan 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2008
  9. tank1976

tank1976 New Member

We found out what she is doing with the 100s of millions of dollars she makes every yr. - she is forming her own religion--- this is sad. Many people watch her show. I pray they see the light and don't listen to her anymore.

10. MustardSeed

MustardSeed New Member

I've always been of the impression that Oprah is only concerned about Oprah, that no matter what "good deeds" she appears to be doing, she is only serving herself.