1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the Pope commiting Apostasy?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Sherrie, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Rakka Rage

Rakka Rage New Member

2. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Ok. I am trying to see the picture as a women. But i don't see the resemblance. Please help me and point out where the cupped hand are and that other stuff. I want to see it. Guess my eyes aren't as sharp as they use to be.

Please help.

Sherrie

ok i can see it on the second picture. But what is the first picture?

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Who came up with this? The guy who saw the face on Mars?

4. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

So then they actually think the Catholic Church is the body of Christ. Hmmmmm...thanks Bro. Adam...something comes to mind for me...but I have to think it over first.

Sherrie

5. Rakka Rage

Rakka Rage New Member

the red outline in the city map (both pictures together) shows a egyptian (?) woman bending over twards st peters cathedral and cupping her hands right under the obilesk(sp?) in front of it

6. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Obviously, we would all like to see a broad sweeping reformation in the Roman Catholic Church. That is not likely to happen, however. I would settle for a "first things first" approach to their extensive heresies, and I've talked to a few young "born-again," on fire for Jesus Catholics that gives me hope. The "first step" to recovery for the RCC is to get their eyes off of the RCC/pope and on Jesus. Jesus is the way and the truth and the life and He will lead them to all truth.

Ask Catholics you know, "What is your relationship with Jesus Christ?" Probably after a very uncomfortable silence in which their heart is being rent like the temple curtain at Christ's crucifixion, they will scramble up an awkward answer. The truth is, most Catholics have zero relationship with Jesus Christ and 100% relationship with their church (if they are even practicing Catholics).

Ask them of their assurance of salvation and you'll get one of two answers: 1) I'm saved because I am a member of the RCC, or 2) No one can know if they are saved (based on a salvation by works belief. The verdict comes at the end of one's life when the good deeds vs. bad deeds are tallied up, they'll say).

That's where I start in with "The Bible says, 'These things are written that you may know that you have eternal life,'" and then I give a personal testimony about my fantastic personal relationship with Jesus Christ!

7. Singer

Singer New Member

Sherrie:

Yes, the RCC does infact see itself as the One True Church.

Following are a couple of comments from an RCC member
    on another forum:

"Instead, Christ established an authoritative teaching church
    that He compared to the mustard seed which would grow and
    develop. I believe that the church Jesus established was the
    one that came to be known as the Catholic Church"

"This is one reason why I believe that the "church" Jesus
    established (which existed BEFORE the Bible) and promised
    divine guidance (Jn 16:13, Mt 28:20, Jn 14:26) was the one
    which later become known as the Catholic Church with a capital "C".