1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is there a difference between unsubmissiveness and feminism?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by SaggyWoman, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

First off, my stance on voting is no Bible believing Baptist should even drive to the polls without consulting it with God first, let alone cast a vote.

Second, if my future wife didn't know my stance on those subjects she wouldent be my future wife. I believe Baptist couples should be honest and open with each other.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'll repeat myself from previous posts. The context I was referring to was that of equality of rights in society. Both men and women are guaranteed under our laws equal rights to protection and opportunity. But have egual rights does not mean the same rights. For example, most companies have separate men's and women's restroom facilities. The facilities are not the same facilities, but provide equal access to restrooms.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Great. That's your personal view, strictly between you and God. I applaud your view. I'm sure you're aware that you don't have any scriptural authority to enforce that view on anyone else.
    Then, why didn't you say anything about you knowing your future wife's stace on the subjects. You only mentioned your stance, and her knowing your stance. Yes, I agree that baptist couples should be open and honest with each other, but one's voting choices are strictly between them and God. I'd no more insist that my spouse tell me who she's voting more any more than I'd insist she use the bathroom with the door open.

But the issue of knowing stances is a bit of a side issue here. Presuming the two of you know each other's stances, that doesn't in any way give one person authority to tell the other one how to vote.

4. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

Oh, I must have read your post wrong john. Anyway on the issue of this debate, yes there is a differance between unsubmissiveness and feminism. Feminism is the idea that men and women are the same and because of such they should be given equal rights. While unsubmissivness is just refussing to submit.

5. mercytruth

mercytruth New Member

Feminism is women trying to be men. But God never wanted that for women. Neither did he want women to be considered anything but the special creatures that we are. There needs to be a balance between having rights and being unsubmissive. Today's women have lost their God-given femininity-- the exact thing that most women were fighting for in the early-1900s. I believe that "feminists" today are wrong-- they're fighting to not be submissive to men. Many believe this is wrong-- but most of those many are not Christians. Christian women need to lead the way into becoming more feminine, rather than more masculine. I hope I'm making sense. It tends to make sense in my head, but not after I've written it down... me

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

FishNBread,
    Do you plan to tell her she can't vote?

7. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

This may be one of my last post's, so I think it is only fair that I let you know that I may not be posting any more replies back.

Anyway on the subject of voting, again I hold the same view point. if God tell's me to tell her not to vote then I will tell her not to vote. I idea is based on 1 corinthians 11.

Let us not forget that God is the ultimate leader and men are just the human mediaters.

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

There is no such word as unsubmissiveness. Noncompliant

adjective

Refusing or failing to obey: disobedient, insubordinate.

If Fishnbread feels God has spoken to him about his wife voting in an upcoming election (or any issue), he MUST do as he feels God has led him to do and his wife should submit to his decision so that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Titus 2:1 But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine: 2 that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience; 3 the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things-- 4 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.

9. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

That you can take to the bank. And know what Diane we know that if that decision is wrong he will answer to God for it, not her. The leadership role is a role men should understand with fear and trembling that they will be held accountable for how they LEAD their family. Alot of men do not want that responsibility because it is much easier to follow then lead. I think that is why there are so many women who are actually the head of the household. It is much easier to disagree with God here and say He doesn't mean what He says, and just sit back and not fullfill our role. And because of our culture, society, women's lib and equal rights groups, they have trampled on God's idea of the household. It is so much easier to go along with the world, not buck the system then too stand for God's word.

Blessing,
    Tim