1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Your Baby Gay? What If You Could Know? What If You Could Do Something About It?

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Martin, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amity

amity New Member

If you are a diabetic, you start to see insulin as a work of grace in your life. Without it you would die, it is that simple. God's grace comes in many forms.

2. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

Question;
    Have you never once considered how those hormones kicked in when you were an adolescent? Does this not prove that there is some biological basis to lust?

The natural accurance of the sexual drive does start young, but the unnatural lust for immoral sex or any sin comes from rebellion. James makes that clear. And no one is browbeating anyone by telling them the truth. The problem is that liberals try and confess the truth by claiming that these are diseases when they are not. They may all bring about diseases, but they do not start from having a disease

question;
    The sin is in the flesh. The actual physical flesh. And now we have found out WHERE in the flesh these particular lists reside.

No the sin is in heart. The flesh is what we defile by our actions.
    Jud 1:8 Likewise also these [filthy] dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

we bring spot on our garments by defiling the flesh
    Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling [them] out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh

So there is no biological basis that brings this about. There is however a sinful heart of rebellion that runs into ruin.

question;
    The Dr. and the scripture seem in perfect agreement to me. See above answer. And if you think that physically based problems such as homosexuality or alcoholism are beyond our control, you missed the entire point of this article! They are now coming within our control, by the providence of God.

The only way that these things are brought under control is by confession, repentance and faith. No one has to confess a disease, but everyone has to confess sin too be saved and no sin is from disease. Sin is from choice!

Question;
    Yup, he sure is sending 21st century people a way to escape. If God sent you two rowboats and helicopter, you would still be sitting on top of your house with the flood waters rising, if it did not accord with your long-held interpretation of the scripture.

21st century or any century. The formula for forgiveness is the same. repent!

Question;
    Here for example is what I would tell a homosexual: Look, if I can remain celibate for 8 years, so can you. Just stop it. When you are tempted to have a carnal thought, just get on that Baptist Board and argue theology with someone. Throw all the pictures out, put it out of your life. It is a sin. I will help you in any way I can, but it has got to go, absolutely. Meanwhile, take this pill (hopefully one day there will be something like that!) and it will help you do what you already know is right. God bless you and His all-powerful love strengthen you. I love you. I am praying for you

Here in lies the problem because you would send them too hell. It is not about striving against sin. it is not about some day taking a pill and not sin a certain sin again. We already have those drugs. Some people are give them in prison to keep down the desires, but that is not what the Lord desires for salvation. Nor does it overcome the appetite once they get off them. Artificial suppression of sin is not repentance and does not bring salvation. If it did then we could put everyone in a coma and they would be free from sin, that will not satisfy God. They would be better off to do the sin and go wild in it and see its consequences so as too cry out to God admitting that they have sinned and that those sins are all theirs made by them with no predisposition and get saved. if we have any excuse at confession there is no confession and no acceptance or forgiveness.
    God requires us to take the total blame for our actions. Claiming a disease makes that void if not in the whole at least in part. So I would suggest that you not counsel these people or stop right away unless you hinder their salvation.

3. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

God does not offer grace to someone because they are a diabetic. being a diabetic is not sinful. They do not need grace, they need a cure or healing or some medication to keep down the results of the disease

4. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

back to the topic,
    babies are not predisposed to be homosexuals. Due to different inviorments we may face different temptations and falll to them because of rebellious hearts, but any homosexual activity comes from within and the within is from the heart, not genes.

Any evil thhought can simply be put down by rejecting it and moving on, but our sins arise because we nurture them and finally seek them out.

Phl 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

Gal 5:16 [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

No drugs needed!

5. amity

amity New Member

Gerald - I happen to believe that the sin is in the flesh. I think you are right, too. It is in the heart. At any rate, that is not what we are here to discuss.

People used to think those who had grand mal seizures were possessed by the devil. Sometimes they were burned as witches. I happen to believe in both demonic possession and witchcraft, but grand mal seizures are not either one of those things. Today we no longer see seizures as a moral issue. Maybe one day we won't see a sexual orientation as a moral issue, either. As long as it does not lead to immoral behavior why should it be a moral issue?

I believe if science offers the possibility of helping those homosexuals and alcoholics who love the Lord and want to overcome their sin, then we should support those efforts and at least investigate the possibility, and now strog likelihood, that there is a physical basis to these problems.

Gerald, when will the results of your study be published, and in what journal?

Good night.

#85 amity, Mar 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2007
  6. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is where our fundamental difference will remain. I say the lust comes from the heart, not the body. You say the lust comes from the body.

I don't deny a biological link in alcoholism. I consider addictions to be a different subject than the OP, so I haven't gotten into that subject on this thread. It would take a lot more time than I want to spend to get into it in detail. To state my view simply, I believe in the primacy of the soul over the body. That is, the soul affects the body first, then the body is changed through the decisions of the will (which is in the soul). This explains, for example, why there is an imbalance of chemicals in a depressed person and why medicine can address the symptoms of depression. The secular scientist will say the imbalance caused the depression. I say the depression caused the imbalance. (Which came first, the chicken or the egg?)

If you have some time to waste and are interested, I have an unpublished book on my website comparing Biblical trichotomy with Asian monism in the martial arts. (Unfortuantely it doesn't address my view on addictions, though.)
    You know, I'm real skeptical about "sheep homosexuality!" Do the scientists have an agenda, I wonder? The implications are too bizzarre! I read a book once on AIDS that described homosexual practices and it was so nauseating I tore that part out and threw it away. Sheep doing that? Naaaaaawwwwww.

If such a link is found (I don't deny the possibility, I'm just very skeptical), then medicine might be made to address the symptoms, but I still believe the root problem will be in the soul. I believe that the soul can change the body, so I believe a perverted person with perverted decisions and practices can actually change his own DNA by the power of his soul. Read The Latent Power of the Soul by Watchman Nee for what started me in that direction. Nee being an Asian (opposing Asian monism and teaching trichotomy) had a unique perspective that Western theoligians miss.

You make a good case here, but I'm not convinced yet. I'll take it under consideration. Just to be completely honest, I've considered your view of the flesh in the past and partially convinced myself, but couldn't quite make that final step. At this point we'll have to agree to disagree. :smilewinkgrin:

Hmm. Okay, but what about the last sentence, that "flesh" is not equivalent to "body?"

Have a good one! :wavey:

Glad I made you work! :tongue3:

7. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

People who held those views about grand mal seizures had absolutely no biblical support for such beliefs. By the way not everyone held such beliefs. However in the case of homosexuality and alcoholism we do have scripture. Both are due to sin and choice. They do not have a disease. All they have to do is repent. As long as they are told that they have a disease they hinder the Spirit and find no forgiveness. I suggest that you go to a web site where former homosexual lead current homosexuals to the lord. These converted people know that they did not do homosexuality because of a disease. At least they are not deceived.

Please read this if you really care;
    http://www.newswithviews.com/psychology/psychology2.htm

and here;
    http://www.exodus-international.org/

8. amity

amity New Member

Gerald, grace means unmerited favor. Anything God does for us that we do not deserve. So yes, having insulin available if you are a diabetic is a manifestation of God's grace.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If homosexuality is in the dna...why do prior homosexuals who come to Christ no longer desire the homosexual lifestyle?

10. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

It has already been published and sold more books then any other book in the world. It is called the bible.

11. amity

amity New Member

Those people will be changing their tune pretty soon.

I don't think homosexuality can be characterized as a disease yet. That has a very specific definition. Alcoholism has been classified as a disease, I am pretty sure. At any rate, homosexual orientation may soon be, too, by some at least. those who view as dysfunctional. But it is the act that is the sin, not the orientation.

I hope John of Japan is right and what he speaks of is possible. Have you checked it out in practice, J of J? Any successes?

12. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

you have come up with your on definition. The bible does not support what you are saying on this. Show me some scripture where someone was given meds and it was called grace.

13. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

Just because someone or many make a claim does not make it so. What matters is what the bible teaches and there is absolutely nothing in scripture to support that any sin can be linked to a disease as to why it is committed or be called a disease.

14. amity

amity New Member

Again, scripture, please, not just interpretation.

15. amity

amity New Member

I would like to see some scripture where someone was given meds. Meanwhile, if anything good happens to you tomorrow, I hope you will give God the glory.

16. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

Hello webdog,
    to be honest here I must tell you that some do. Most likely most do. Some have to wrestle with the desires for a long time and some for the rest of their lives. Some sin runs deep and leaves a not so desirable taste. However if we will do as scripture says we can overcome any temptation.

Phl 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

17. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

Yes giving thanks in all things is what we are to do.

#97 gerald285, Mar 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2007
  18. gerald285

gerald285 New Member

Double post.

19. ituttut

ituttut New Member

[quote=Martin]

I believe we have a better chance with global warming, and that chance has odds of zero. Some have determined we don't need God after all, and can cure the world of sin. I wonder if that fellow that will convince the majority in the tribulation period has been born. Everyday brings us closer to our Lord.

I don't buy into such as the Link presents.

20. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, Amity.

If you are speaking about my view that the soul can change the body, part of that was developed in the crucible of counseling a Japanese schizophrenic girl for a number of years, performing her marriage ceremony, etc. My first impression when her boyfriend's mother asked me to counsel her was, "Lord, what have you gotten me into!" I did tons of research, prayed a lot, took a counseling seminar in the States, prayed a lot, counseled a lot, and saw the Lord work wonderfully. This girl has now written and had published three books in Japanese about her mental illness, etc.

Last time I visited her and her husband (now living far away), I pointed to her shelf of books on mental illness and said I was impressed. She said, "Oh, I don't read those much anymore. I just read the Bible." PTL!

As the soul grows in the Lord, new attitudes in particular can affect the body: joy, peace, contentment. Along that line, remember this thought-provoking Bible verse: "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones (Prov. 17:22).

God bless.

#100 John of Japan, Mar 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.