1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Isaiah 40:28-31

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JerryL, Feb 4, 2008.

1. JerryL

JerryL New Member

After seeing a poster by the same nick, I went and re-read those verses again since it had been awhile since I had read or heard them. These verses are so amazingly staggering to me. With all the debate and hub-bub going on, I thought I would just stop, take a breath and have us reflect on these verses. It is so amazing that this same God would forgive and save me.

Isa 40:28 Don't you know? Haven't you heard? The eternal God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, doesn't grow tired or become weary. His understanding is beyond reach.
    Isa 40:29 He gives strength to those who grow tired and increases the strength of those who are weak.
    Isa 40:30 Even young people grow tired and become weary, and young men will stumble and fall.
    Isa 40:31 Yet, the strength of those who wait with hope in the LORD will be renewed. They will soar on wings like eagles. They will run and won't become weary. They will walk and won't grow tired.

Amazing!!:praying:

#1 JerryL, Feb 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2008
  2. DonnaMartinez

DonnaMartinez New Member

This is also a great encouragement to me as well. Since I've began waiting on the Lord to move in my husband, I have turned to those verses many times. Particularly, "they that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength". I believe comforting bible verses can be molded to particular situations and for me strength is marriage strength as well as spiritual.