1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

isn't the ULTIMATE Source of salvation In Classic Arminianism Ourselves?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

False allegations (lies) are against the rules. Go back and read for yourself.

On page 10; post #92
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1693691&postcount=92

Two pages later on post #109
    It is shameful that you have to resort to personal attack.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

:love2:
    I've never lied nor presented false allegations concerning you my friend, but that you are hoping for such is apparent!

You've supplied quotes of yourself, (all of the above quotes are from you) then answered them, and then blamed the quotes of yourself on me? Uh! LOL!!!!!!

OK.

Not once have I personally attacked you.

:love2:

3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Only thing that we can know is that both Apostles peter and Paul saw it as being part of the salvation experience for the sinner...

Godly repentance produces salvation, world type produces death...

guess that pretty much settles it, as they were Inspired by by God to record it for us!

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

YOUR LINK IS TO A CONVERSATION BETWEEN CONVICTED1 AND YOURSELF....

Not to an alleged, non-existent false accusation, "you and I lie thread."

And here's trhe "2 pages later post 109" accusation from you which, again, is not between you and I:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Havensdad
    Repentance is the hinge upon which belief turns. An unbeliever has his faith placed in the world. He chases after sin. In order to have faith in Christ, he must simultaneously turn away from this, "swinging" his faith from the world, self, and sin, unto Christ.

Can you show me a single verse in the Bible which commands a sinner to repent of his sins. This is the general invitation of a preacher, the altar call so to speak. It is his definition of repentance. It is totally unbiblical.

Can you remember all your sins so that you can enumerate them to the Lord one by one in order to repent of each one. Yet this is what preachers tell the unsaved. Repent of your sins and be saved. There is no such concept in Scripture.

(IT'S BETWEEN YOU AND HAVENSDAD, FRIEND) Yet more allegations unfounded.

DHK
    I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

-----------------------------------------------
    Looks like you're the one making those.

Whereby you accuse me of what you've done yourself.

Unreal.

#164 preacher4truth, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
  5. Winman

Winman Active Member

I agree with this, and I believe that is what Jesus was saying in Luke 13. All men are trusting in something, these persons were trusting in their own righteousness. This is why Jesus asked them if they supposed these unfortunate persons were greater sinners than others. To believe in Jesus you must turn from what you previously believed in. When John the Baptist saw the Sadducees and Pharisees coming to be baptized, he told them, "And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham."

They were trusting they were saved because they were the descendants of Abraham, John told them they must repent of this false belief.

So, to repent means to turn from false belief and trust in Christ. We must all do this.

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    False dispensational ideas sometimes lead people to deny repentance as part of the gospel command....

People in that condition need to.....REPENT....of that sinful falsehood.:type:

7. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Honest question...Could you explain, I don't follow your thought here.

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quantum,
    There are some dispensationalists {not all, but many} who teach that repentance was a jewish doctrine..in the age of law.

But they teach that now is the "church age" or the age of grace...so we only need to believe...that repentance is no longer necessary!:eek::(:confused:

These usually teach that we are under no law whatsoever..only grace.

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Chapter 15: Of Repentance Unto Life and Salvation
    1._____ Such of the elect as are converted at riper years, having sometime lived in the state of nature, and therein served divers lusts and pleasures, God in their effectual calling giveth them repentance unto life. ( Titus 3:2-5 )
    2._____ Whereas there is none that doth good and sinneth not, and the best of men may, through the power and deceitfulness of their corruption dwelling in them, with the prevalency of temptation, fall into great sins and provocations; God hath, in the covenant of grace, mercifully provided that believers so sinning and falling be renewed through repentance unto salvation.
    ( Ecclesiastes 7:20; Luke 22:31, 32 )

3._____ This saving repentance is an evangelical grace, whereby a person, being by the Holy Spirit made sensible of the manifold evils of his sin, doth, by faith in Christ, humble himself for it with godly sorrow, detestation of it, and self-abhorrency, praying for pardon and strength of grace, with a purpose and endeavour, by supplies of the Spirit, to walk before God unto all well-pleasing in all things.
    ( Zechariah 12:10; Acts 11:18; Ezekiel 36:31; 2 Corinthians 7:11; Psalms 119:6; Psalms 119:128 )

4._____ As repentance is to be continued through the whole course of our lives, upon the account of the body of death, and the motions thereof, so it is every man's duty to repent of his particular known sins particularly.
    ( Luke 19:8; 1 Timothy 1:13, 15 )

5._____ Such is the provision which God hath made through Christ in the covenant of grace for the preservation of believers unto salvation; that although there is no sin so small but it deserves damnation; yet there is no sin so great that it shall bring damnation on them that repent; which makes the constant preaching of repentance necessary.
    ( Romans 6:23; Isaiah 1:16-18 Isaiah 55:7 )

here is what is in the 1689 confession of faith

10. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Not one of those verses make that distinction.

You are only calling Paul's since of justice carnal in saying this because I'm basing it directly off what he has stated. They "know God," "they clearly see and understand the divine attributes and eternal qualities of God" but they RESIST or REJECT or "trade the truth for a lie," thus making them accountable ("without excuse.") You, on the other hand, redefine "justice" to mean that God condemns man who are born unable to REALLY see, hear understand these truths in the first place. Which one is "carnal?" I'll stick with Paul's view of justice.

CONTEXT: The one making that objection is not a non-elect reprobate doomed to certain damnation because he was born in a totally unable to respond to God nature. The objector is the Jew who God held out his hands to (Rm 10:21), but who rejected His appeal to be saved (Matt. 23:37), and who is now being used for the common purpose of being hardened in that rebellion and cut off from the tree.(Rom 11) But this Jew might be provoked to envy through the ingrafting of the Gentiles and come to salvation (Rm 11:14) if he leaves his unbelief (Rm 11:23).
    Why is that, do you suppose? Because God willed it? Why do you contend with God's will and waste your time debating me when clearly your view only leaves room for God to change me and God to blame for when I don't accept your "truth?"

So, you are saying that no man has ever known or even firmly believed in the existence of God but remain unsaved? Is that all saving faith is to you, belief that God exists?

Faith in God's existence doesn't save a soul Aaron. That was James' point by referring the demons belief in God. Saving faith is believing he exists and choosing to acknowledge Him as your God. The bible doesn't say, "Believe in your heart that he exists and confess with you mouth that he is real." It says, "that if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." That is more than affirming his existence, Aaron. EVERYONE in their heart KNOWS God exists through the creation...they choose to trade that truth in for a lie.

#170 Skandelon, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.