1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It is not flesh and blood we battle. Pray for one another!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by T Alan, Dec 8, 2014.

1. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Please commit to earnest Prayer for one another. It is not each other we must wage war against as we discuss and grow but, that Adversary of Old.

Every Evangel of Christ must be bathed continuously in prayer to the LORD of the Harvest. I pledge to pray for all I meet here on a daily basis.

We battle the same foe.

To God be the Glory.

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hypocrisy comes in many forms ...... and this is one of the forms!

That is a great idea. And it is true that we battle not against each other or even flesh and blood, but rather a supernatural enemy. So I agree we need to pray for one another to stand tall and strong in the face of a spiritual enemy that prowls about ready to destroy us!

With that said...where was all this sincerity in my threads about bullies and rude members? I guess hypocrisy is one more form of flesh and spiritual warfare we must fight (even if it's one another that we fight with?).

You did your very best to help derail my threads! Like I said, hypocrites come in many forms, and this OP are just another form of hypocrisy.

:praying: So, count on me to join you in praying for what you suggest, as the greatest enemy we face and fight on this board is not the devil (of Old as you say), but one another. What a sad witness this makes to the world, but thrills the devil, because we fight one another and kill the wounded! :praying:

Shaom

3. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

RD2, I mean the following in all sincerity and in Christian love, as blunt as it will be. But your post talked about hypocrisy, and called the OP out on it, while in your thread you claimed that you only respond in kind. I am calling out your hypocrisy here. It is very blatant, and I hope you will see it.

Your thread spoke of building each other up. And you counted yourself among the offenders in a faux humility. I say "faux", because you immediately following blame others for your actions.

RD2, you've seen me post and know that I am not mean spirited. But this past week or so I have noticed you sinking lower and lower, attacking sometimes without provocation, as you did in this thread; and playing te hypocrite, as you derail this thread to blame someone for derailing a thread.

RD2, please take a step back and evaluate your last week or so of posting. If you can be honest with yourself, you'll see it. Hopefully you can.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see what your getting to, and do take your rebuke as a fair assessment of what you've seen.

Let me ask one question of you. As a soldier, when you are going about your mission, and start taking fire from snipers, do you not defend yourself?

I feel there has been a great amount of sniping, and while I have been both attacking and defending me position, I can clearly see how you have arrived at what you present as an open and honest opinion, and I thank you for your honesty! I will work at how I respond in the future. My witness is important.

#4 righteousdude2, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014