1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It may be nonsense, but it is worth a bag of popcorn

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Phillip, Nov 18, 2004.

1. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

From this particular quote, I don't believe he is saying for people to believe whatever they want that all religious roads lead to Christ.

What I am getting out of this quote is what I referenced in my last post. The scripture is Romans 1:20: "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."

What I believe that Graham is saying and what I believe this scripture is saying is that all men(women too) have an innate knowledge that they are apart from God. This knowledge is not dependent on whether or not they hear the Gospel. They can know this from the very world around them. What is required is that they seek to find what they are missing, and that they have faith that the Creator of this world has provided a way back to Him.

Is a person guilty of sin if he has no knowledge that it is sin? No. And so God has provided within our very being the knowledge that we are separated from him. He provided also for the things he created to point us back to Him. That leaves us without excuse on that day of judgement that we never heard the gospel so we had no chance to be saved.

That means that it is possible for someone who has been raised in a Buddist monastery to come to accept the gift of salvation without ever having heard the name of Christ.

I didn't say it Paul did...Go back and read the scripture again. Better yet pick up your own KJV and read it there in it's context. Start at verse 17 where Paul say that "For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith; as it is written the just shall live by faith".

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Bro. Tony, haven't you figured out she has an answer for EVERYTHING? She is not wrong, she has a direct connection that none of us have. . . [​IMG]

3. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    You have obviously never heard a Billy Graham sermon.

Should we draw the line with you because you are self-centered?

---------------------------------------------------

Actions speak louder than words. Other words said, which are contrary to other things said also show forth the real truth and belief of the person. Use discernment Phillip. If you do not have it, pray for it. I will pray for you in this area as I continue to keep you in my prayers.

love in Jesus Christ or Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

4. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

I know Philip, it is quite obvious.

Michelle, I will try this knowing you will not understand. I just repeated YOUR words, that apparently were spoken without much thought concerning the impact of what you said. Then rather than seeing that you go off again. Where is the spirit of humility that you could have possibly been wrong. You judge others without consideration of yourself in direct violation of the Scripture. Read Galatian 6 and see what the Lord says. I wish you would just listen once, it might make others more prone to listen to you.

Bro Tony

5. michelle

michelle New Member

I didn't say it Paul did...Go back and read the scripture again. Better yet pick up your own KJV and read it there in it's context. Start at verse 17 where Paul say that "For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith; as it is written the just shall live by faith".

Uh, they are without excuse for REJECTING JESUS CHRIST. The scriptures make it VERY CLEAR, it is through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and that is through faith by God's grace. They must HEAR THE GOSPEL!

Romans 10

9. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
    11. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
    12. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
    13. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    14. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
    15. And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
    16. But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
    17. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
    18. But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
    19. But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.
    20. But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
    21. But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

Stop making excuses for things and people that are CONTRARY TO THE GOSPEL TRUTH.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

6. michelle

michelle New Member

Where is the spirit of humility that you could have possibly been wrong.

Where is yours?

Where is your belief on this coming from? Mine is coming from the scriptures.

michelle

7. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

[​IMG]

Goodbye Michelle.

Bro Tony

8. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Michelle, we may disagree, but I must say that I really appreciate the prayers and I will keep you in mine.

I'm going to check it in, I vacuumed about five million square yards of carpet tonight. A small church can't have so much, until you do it yourself.

Thanks Michelle and good night everybody. See ya tomorrow.

I've got to record some music on my computer for our church Christmas pagent and make a CD for it, so I will no doubt be online midday tomorrow. Tomorrow..... [​IMG]

9. menageriekeeper

So Michelle.....you mean that God consigned to hell all those natives living in the New World before Columbus came along, just because they had never heard the name of Christ???

You are denying Romans 1:20 (which by the way was written before Romans 10) which plainly says they are without excuse because they could have understood simply by looking around them at creation?

Romans 10 doesn't contradict this, it concludes it by saying that because they reject what God has made plain in creation they also reject Christ. And I believe they would reject Christ also if they were given full knowlegde of him.

My Bible doesn't contradict itself. Does yours?

10. michelle

michelle New Member

Goodnight and God bless you Phillip and Tony [​IMG] .

michelle

11. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I can't believe no one except one person is responding to what I posted. What do you all think of that??? It's on page 3. I may start a thread with it if no one responds here.

Menageriekeeper, read this:
    He is not saying that we all have an innate knowledge of God but that all are members of the body of Christ even if they are not coscious of it! This is inclusivism.

Here he's saying they are saved without knowing Christ:

12. michelle

michelle New Member

So Michelle.....you mean that God consigned to hell all those natives living in the New World before Columbus came along, just because they had never heard the name of Christ???

It appears that way, if you read the whole chapter, and in light of the whole gospel truth. If those Native Indians had a desire to worship the one and Only True God, God would have sent them a preacher, but they worshipped the creature, more than the creator. They will be without excuse come the Great White Throne Judgement, for not acknowledging and worshipping the true Creator, but rather worshipping the creation.

michelle

13. michelle

michelle New Member

Marie,

They do not want to see this for some reason. I do not understand why. By the way, thank you for posting that. It really helped to show the truth about Billy Graham and those that share the same belief.

michelle

14. michelle

michelle New Member

Ooops!! Sorry Marcia. That is what happens when you type too fast. I apologize for refering to you as Marie. Sorry.

michelle

15. menageriekeeper

Well according to the Mormans....... :D

Seriously, if that is how you wish to interpet it and I decide to interpet it differently, does that mean according to your criteria I'm not saved?

Good thing I'm saved by God's grace and not yours.

We'll have to disagree...

Peace and goodnight...

16. michelle

michelle New Member

Goodnight and God bless you menageriekeeper [​IMG] .

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know, if someone wrote a post and questioned MY salvation based on something I said or did, they would be suspended from the BaptistBoard.

Dr. Graham, whom I've known for years and with whom I vehemently disagree on methods, deserves that same respect.

You want to get suspended? I'm tire of the constant slashing and will cut to the chase. Bring up Billy and say YOU ARE GOD and YOU ARE HIS JUDGE of his eternal soul and you will find out that Bob is the Judge.

This thread is over. Questions unanswered as expected, except with more same-old same-old pious self-righteous judgment.