1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Items sold in Christian bookstores

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Steven2006, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Steven, you have a good point. I'm not going to disagree with you.

However I remember when I was saved in 1982, I used to shop at the Baptist Book Store in downtown Nashville (now Lifeway). It was the first Christian store I had ever been in and I loved it. Back then all they sold was Christian material and music, not so much the secular stuff like they do now. I miss that.

But I understand what you're saying. :)

2. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I have to admit, the mental picture, which bear in mind is really hard since I don't know what you look like :laugh:, of a young Amy eagerly enjoying that store brought a smile to my face.

And more specifically to your point, I think that is also great! I don't think there shouldn't be stores like that if they so choose, and thought they could stay in business do just that. My only point is that there is also value in offering other things as well, and I don't think it is fair to imply that there is something wrong in them doing so.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I look like an old Amy. :laugh:

But you are right. I sure did enjoy that store as a young Christian. I would go there on my lunch breaks and browse and sometimes buy something.

I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with Christian stores selling other things. I've even bought some of those other things for birthdays or Christmas presents. I still love going to Lifeway. They've made a lot of money off of me. :tongue3:

4. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Haha! That was very funny, good one!

5. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

They are a business and they have to make money. I have no problem with christian book stores selling other things either.