1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's wait and see after Bush signs rescue plan

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Oct 4, 2008.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

"We are addressing the real pain felt by Mr. and Mrs. Jones on Main Street," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said. "They are why we must pass this legislation today."

SOURCE...

Nevermind Mr. and Mrs. Jones on mainstreet didn't want you to pass the stupid thing. C'mon Nancy tell the truth. This was about rewarding your benefactors on Wallstreet with more of our wealth, not saving Mr. and Mrs. Jones on mainstreet. Is it just me or does anyone else feel like we've just witnessed one of the greatest scams to pick our pockets in decades?

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Well, my dollar is buying more euro than it has in over a year.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You mean Federal Reserve notes? A dollar is 371-1/4 grains of silver.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Whatever - at them moment my fiat dollar is buying more fiat euro than it has in the last year so I am momentarily happy enough with it.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How many euro could one buy with 371 1/4 grains of silver I wonder? One ounce = 437 1/2 grains, the price of silver (today) is 11.38 reserve notes an ounce, so...a silver dollar would buy a few more euro than a reserve note. That's something like 7 - 9 euro per constitutional dollar isn't it? Still momentarily happy with the fiat money system?

#5 poncho, Oct 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2008
  6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe many folks in congress voted for this because the honestly thought it was the right thing to do. However, where did we ever get the idea that the constitution gives authority to congress to collect taxes for this?

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

As happy as I can be :)

I am one of the greatest hard currency proponents around. Of course I woule be MUCH happy with hard dollars and a hard euro. Even better a hard dollar with a fiat euro :)