1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I've noticed a lot of Tar heels here

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by the 'I AM' hath sent me, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MyhelpisfromAbove: "honorary tar heel", well you'd have to eat a plate of Carolina Bar-B-Que from Lexington to do that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by preacher: You also have to enjoy good preachin from the likes of Maze Jackson, Billy Kelly, &
    Joe Arthur, though I don't think you'd have a problem with that.
    Mabey if you volunteered to take us fishin'
    over to Highrock, or Tuckertown....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's all? I can do that! I love BBQ, listen to good preaching, and go fishing. BTW is that fishing for men or fishing for fish? I can do both! But that 5 year deal is messing me up to get this sweet deal of becoming an honorary "tar heels." Is there a way around that one? ;)

2. preacher

preacher New Member

Amen! I can do both too, at the same time!
    The sad part is I tend to catch more fish
    than men. :(

3. the 'I AM' hath sent me

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B. J. Halo:

That's all? I can do that! I love BBQ, listen to good preaching, and go fishing. BTW is that fishing for men or fishing for fish? I can do both! But that 5 year deal is messing me up to get this sweet deal of becoming an honorary "tar heels." Is there a way around that one? ;)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

O.K. I got an idea. When you talk to people, you have to use "aint" in your conversation.
    Don't say "I am not going to", say "I aint goin to".

The fishing thing: Yeah, we can fish for men while we fish for fish :D We can feed the mens souls with the Word and catch the fish to feed our bellys. ;)

There are many lakes here to fish in: High rock, belews, Jeanette, etc.

I say we forget the lakes though, the best fishin holes is the bacca farm ponds. Catfish, bass, brim, turtle, etc. [​IMG]

4. preacher

preacher New Member

Ponds are good, I saw back about 5yrs ago a little girl pulled a 4lb. piranah out of a farm pond. But me, the best I ever did was at Highpoint city lake, 9lb. largemouth :D [​IMG]
    Oh yeah, its not I ain't goin' to, its I ain't gonna'
    :rolleyes:

[ August 28, 2001: Message edited by: preacher ]

5. Kathy

Kathy New Member

uhhh Piranahs? That leaves the Carolina's off of my "what State should I move to" list! "I ain't gonna" be livin where they's piranahs!

Kathy
    &lt;&gt;&lt;

[ August 28, 2001: Message edited by: Kathy ]

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have great respect for the "Tar Heels". They got that nickname because when they stood to fight, they never ran (like their heels were stuck in tar).

In the Civil War, more NC soldiers were killed than from any other Southran State. My kepi is off to that great tenacity!

Now, if they could just get a football team . .

7. preacher

preacher New Member

Kathy... it was just one litt'e ole' piranah.
    The paper said that someone probaly had it in an aquarium & dumped it. The fish in my tank is'nt any bigger than my thumb & he's meaner than any ole' piranah!! Course my wife ain't much bigger.... oops, here she comes!! :D :D :eek:

8. the 'I AM' hath sent me

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by preacher:
    Kathy... it was just one litt'e ole' piranah.
    The paper said that someone probaly had it in an aquarium & dumped it. The fish in my tank is'nt any bigger than my thumb & he's meaner than any ole' piranah!! Course my wife ain't much bigger.... oops, here she comes!!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Preacha, between your wife and mine I'd say they might reach a ten foot ceiling. :D
    My wifes about 4'9". I'm 6'2" so we're a pair. ;) I reckin you was right about the aint gonna. That darn english class a ruin a good southern dialect. :eek:

By the way, how old are you? I'm trying to see if I'm the youngest or one of the youngest posting. I'm 24. Just got an idea for a new post.... :eek: :D ;)